• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. Wackersjackers

Adrenal Fatigue?

i was told by doctor and neuro that these type of cysts are common? found in nearly half of all autopsy reports - which tells me they aren't commonly symptomatic because otherwise more would be found? I also know two other people with them and fibromyalgia. I also think the main symptom would be...
  2. Wackersjackers

Adrenal Fatigue?

yeah - i think these endocrine illness should be ruled out. How common are they?
  3. Wackersjackers

Adrenal Fatigue?

ok thanks - I already see a nutritionalist at the clinic I go to. she has sorted my diet and i have been on a host of supplements for over 6 months now. I eat gluten and dairy free where possible. I am underweight and eat a lot of protein to help this. Take Magnesium / B Complex/ Zinc / Vit C/...
  4. Wackersjackers

Adrenal Fatigue?

ok thanks everyone for the kind replies and support. Plum - I agree the NHS is really difficult to fight. And I just don't have the energy right this minute. My Clinician has recommend Adrenal Cortex supplements. Could then this damage me further? I don't know what to do now. Can adrenals get...
  5. Wackersjackers

Adrenal Fatigue?

ok - thanks Ema thats really encouraging. Im going to push to see if I can get to an endo...I have checked out the links and Birmingham is about 2 hours from me, I might be referred to someone more local...I will ask my clinic about this also Who knows if it is something like Addisons, it...
  6. Wackersjackers

Adrenal Fatigue?

because of a year of being tested for different things, my GP refuses to refer me to anyone else (all tests were coming back negative). this is before I got this new information...the clinic isn't a medical clinic and they won't be able to refer me, but are practitioners so are looking at...
  7. Wackersjackers

Adrenal Fatigue?

how do you pursue an ACTH simulation test? im in UK, we don't have these sorts of tests...also the testing report I have print screened, goes onto say im not in the scale for Addisons disease, though I googled it (i know i know) and I do have a lot of the symptoms! Including low blood pressure
  8. Wackersjackers

Adrenal Fatigue?

lets see if this works
  9. Wackersjackers

Adrenal Fatigue?

also im female..lol
  10. Wackersjackers

Adrenal Fatigue?

was n mol/L and was 4 times a day - morning to 11pm
  11. Wackersjackers

Adrenal Fatigue?

hi there ...i had saliva four times test throughout day...through private clinic in UK...do you think i need to push to see an endicronolgist (sp) and see if I can get a blood test - or is this something my GP can do? I haven't been diagnosed with CFS or ME, just fibromyalgia...but GP suspects...
  12. Wackersjackers

Adrenal Fatigue?

Im new here and have just been tested for adrenal fatigue and it showed my levels were terribly low...in exhaustion stage. my cortisol levels were 15.9 /nmol - should be between 21 - 41for my age My DHEA was 1.04 and should be between 2 - 6... This is through a private clinic which has tested...
  13. Wackersjackers

yeah - fibro has that too. I was finding at one point that walking would help me everyday, but if I do something big like go on a day trip, this can knock me out for days...but I know people with fibro who have that also! Fibro is not mean't to be progressive, but is CFS? Is CFS a warning for...
  14. Wackersjackers

Hi thanks sickofsickness Sleep is my biggest problem...have tried what seems like everything medication wise. Something just keeps jerking me awake. I am sure I have a sleep disorder of some kind and need a sleep study, but finding and affording one in the UK is tricky. When I do get to sleep...
  15. Wackersjackers

Hi there Im new to this forum, but have been following for a while now. Brief history - got sick 11 months ago, not sure what the root cause was, I think a build up of things..anxiety / lack of sleep / back injury in childbirth... Symptoms include - fatigue and pain, twitches, muscle jerks...