• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. A

lactobacillus overgrowth, d-lactate

The sodium or potassium thing is the party line i've heard for years. But, having checked out those approaches, I've recognized for over 20 yrs. that my problem is a magnesium deficiency. I've been terribly blessed. Due to searching out and having been lead 34 yrs. ago to a nutritional CURE...
  2. A

I actually do a low-carb, no dairy, no grains Rotation Diet trying to keep 4 days between ingestion of foods, if possible. This is due to a tendency to develop food sensitivities. Most SCDers eat baked goods made with nuts and honey and they emphasize probiotics, neither of which I can do...
  3. A

Let's just say that I have more energy at 67 than I did as a child and I'm the healthiest 67 yo you may ever have met. Even though I just learned that I'm homozygous for A1298C. I DO have to eat low-carb, almost ketogenic.
  4. A

Only recently did I test high lactate - which goes a long way to explain why I need so much magnesium to stave off leg and foot twitches and severe cramps. Apparently from what I've read recently it's being recognized that high lactate is caused by gut dysbiosis. I first got on the dysbiosis...
  5. A

Requesting help with treatment for homozygous a1298c

I'm a new member of PhoenixRising having only the other day discovered that I am homozygous for A1298C (that's one copy, right?). Discovered on the same test that I also have high lactate. 35 yrs. ago I began to find solutions to my at that time not fully recognized problems. I was searching...