• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. ajw13

Methylation and Rapid healing!

You are lucky martial, i have tried multiple times to get methylation going but after 3-4 days of just 1,000mg of methyl B12 i start getting sore joints and massive fatigue. I have tried all combos including alcar, methyl folate, methyl b12, adenosyl b12. I just don't seem to tolerate methyl or...
  2. ajw13

Issues with methylation/glutathione supplements

Thanks for the reply Fredd, I have read most of your large posts on the subject and i have tried pushing through with high levels of potassium and also increasing methyl folate after ramping up potassium. I felt ok for the first week then it started going down hill fast. I will attempt it...
  3. ajw13

I finally got my results back from 23andme and i having troubles working out exactly what to do. I was on Fredds protocol for about 2 weeks then all my joints and muscles got tight and fatigued. I changed the amounts i was now taking Had to stop these as i was struggling to even ride 1km on a...
  4. ajw13

THE STAGES OF METHYLATION AND HEALING

Debsicle are you taking enough potassium? When i started a plan that looks very similar to yours i was getting tension headaches, jittery weird feelings as well (Still get the headaches occasionally). I wake up after 6 hours of sleep and can't get back to sleep, however i haven't been feeling...
  5. ajw13

Journeyman thanks for the post, good to hear from someone also in Brisbane suffering from gene defects, i am trying to follow the methylation protocol by fredd started up the protocol but have had to stop it twice already and goto lower dosages. Pretty much 500 mcg methyl b12, 200 mg methyl...
  6. ajw13

Well i have got a 23andme test sent in a few weeks ago and should get the results in 2-4 weeks and i am going to start the active b12 protocol. The basic Mthfr test came back as a compound C677T and A1298C. I have all the stuff i need ordered from iherb and will be starting off slowly. I...
  7. ajw13

Yes i am taking those three already! That is what i was told to take by my ND.
  8. ajw13

Ah thanks for the links! I was thinking about getting the 23andme test done, i am more convinced i need to get it done now. The gut problem is still an ongoing thing, i don't believe it is fully healed yet, i did get a stool test done and the report stated that i didn't have many bad bacteria...
  9. ajw13

Thanks for replying Freddd, i believe that if the mthfr test comes back as positive that i will go onto this treatment. Even if this isn't the case there is probably no harm trying it out as i can get the supplements cheap from iherb. Also i was looking at getting a 23andme test done to see if...
  10. ajw13

Hi i am a 28 year old male who is having issues with just about every supplement i have tried relating to the methylation cycle. I am slender built and have trouble putting on muscle. (My current weight is 63 kilos and i am 170 cms tall) So basically i started getting treatment through an ND...