• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. A

Someone with fluent english please interpret (medicine)

I have begged many times for help in my country, without getting any. All they do is scratch on the surface.
  2. A

This is not something taken out of the sky. Diagnose here in sweden is totally overrated. I have been forced to diagnose myself. Nearly collapsed today, extreme muscle weakness. I'm screwed....:( Alright thanks.
  3. A

Hey Was reading about this as well last few days. I have one here at home, but it contains other ingredients as well: Tetrasodium pyrophosphate Potato Starch and then the one neutralizing gas. Is it still good ?
  4. A

Also sounds awful what you're having Ginger, hang in there. So we have more or less opposite heart rate. I remember reading about POTS before just touching the surface of the topic. Did you at one time take blood work on histamine levels? I know sometimes it's not that easy but still...what's...
  5. A

Hi Gingergirl If you're interested... About my present situation I have low heart rate at the moment, stomach doesn't work either, very tired, feels like I could sleep any time but I cant cause my breathing gets interrupted the second I fall a sleep, waking up I just need to survive 3 more...
  6. A

Here's 2 more on the same topic if needed, but I'm sure the previous 2 articles have what is needed to interpret. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/8169830 http://jpet.aspetjournals.org/content/269/1/221
  7. A

Hi everyone I'm dead tired and feel awful... Can someone interpret what exactly they mean with histamine receptor 3 and the human heart. I know they talk about proteins and calcium channels as well...but.. Bottomline for me is following: What stimulates the heart MORE histamine H3...
  8. A

Low E-Coli and Very High Lactococcos Lactis

Not sure if anyone mentioned it, but do anyone of you know what makes e coli thrive in the stomach ? Is there a particular nutrition or vitamine this e coli nissle prefers....
  9. A

Low E-Coli and Very High Lactococcos Lactis

I find this very interesting. I myself went through a bacteria test in germany 2 months ago and it came to some even more interesting conclusions, my stomach is severely unbalanced. The data showed me at last that something is truly wrong with me. Like some of you others in this thread I also...
  10. A

Thoughts of slight serine deficiency

Let me re-phrase: Do Phosphatidyl Serine raise blood l-serine value ?
  11. A

Thoughts of slight serine deficiency

What would someone with serine definiency look for in terms of supplements. I checked out L-serine which showed me brands with L-Serine bulk powder. Then at more "serious" retailers iherb, vitacost they only had something called Phosphatidyl Serine. Does this compound raise l-serine sufficiently ?
  12. A

Please help, what could this be?

Hmmm If I want to get really sick, what do you mean? If you mean before I get really sick I should go visit a doctor. If that's it, I would say no point, there's no qualified doctors or anyone the slightest interested in me and my problems here. I'm solo doing this. If I have some qualified...
  13. A

Please help, what could this be?

I was about a year ago on the way of getting better by taking different supps. Then I was on a colonoscopy to check if I had crohns, fungal or any other inflammation in my colon. I also had to drink a salt mixture 24 hours before and had to eat nothing after that. Anyway after this checkup my...
  14. A

Amino acid question

Here's a question I been wondering about lately. I think the question came to exist from reading various sites but the facts are varying. Main Question: Is it true to say that ones amino acid metabolism or total efficiency is only as effective as your lowest "one"? This is really important...
  15. A

B-12 - The Hidden Story

I'm going to try the hydroxy option as well. Is the product by AOR good for 2015 ? If you know a better one let me know please.
  16. A

B-12 - The Hidden Story

I guess when different paths starts to get a nutrition boost other paths connected may not be able to keep up for various reasons. That's one of the reasons anyway I believe, correct me if I'm wrong. That's why some of these protocols are supposed to be working very broad and cover the most...
  17. A

B-12 - The Hidden Story

I been looking at the 2nd post of this thread Cort as poster. But it is no big deal. I completed an order today for both jarrow and country life, mb12 + adenosylb12. Will be interesting to see what it can do, I will have to test these new chemicals carefully as they are quite a lot stronger than...
  18. A

B-12 - The Hidden Story

Haven't read the b12 treatment plan for over a year. Looks like some things have changed brand wise Enzymatic Therapy mb12 is not on the Absolutely critical minimums instead Jarrow Formulas 5mg Methyl B12 should be taken instead. For me it looks like a huge step looking at the strength from 1mg...
  19. A

Help me choose a protein powder brand

Hi everyone At the moment I have tried 2 different glutamine brands, 1 of them showing positive results and the other brand giving side effects resulting in a lack of positive results. I have done this test twice now with same results. Pretty clear I will never ever buy the glutamine brand...
  20. A

Question about HCL versions of amino acids

Absorption should be better according to how HCL works, it's the quality part I do not know. By the way Im taking histidine HCL, num num num!:)
  21. A

Question about HCL versions of amino acids

Hi I was wondering what the difference between a "regular" amino acid compared when it is a HCL version (Hydrochloride) ? I understand HCL is a salt form which makes makes it water soluble and will be better absorbed by the gastrointestinal tract. Would appreciate if someone who knows could...
  22. A

Question about immune system testing

Oh and I can add a few other interesting things. I got psoriasis last year on top of everything else and 3 years ago I had iritis (eyes) both of which are auto immune reactions. I told the doctors about this as well.
  23. A

Thanks for adding your opinion. You're right, I always get copies to verify things myself. Cant trust that others will do their job. Lab copies is something you need to ask for here, you will never get any without asking I got the copies at home actually got the papers today, I can add all...
  24. A

Hi So I was away and did some testings related with the immunesystem, this was purely basic so they wont do another testing schedule as everything showed normal. Some of these are for inflammation as well. Adding the tests here: IgG, IgA and IgM albumin Orosomucoid Haptoglobin CRP Alpha...
  25. A

Hi Jonathan I appreciate you taking the time explaining this to me. It's good to have some basic knowledge when you first see your doctor. I dont think I have any questions at this point but I might come back :) Thanks again
  26. A

Hi If you come to a doctor specialized in the immune system what sort of tests will he make to rule out there's any problems with the immune system? The only 3 i know about is the Iga Igg Igm, which I took several years ago and was according to him (not specalist) normal. IF you know any...
  27. A

Head clears when body fighting infection! Please help!

Have you done any immune testing? Did everything come out normal ?
  28. A

Any point trying L-glutathione

So I've been testing out this glutathione supplement last days (Jarrows glutathione reduced) and it's not all bad. I do feel some symptoms but there's a few good ones as well. Im taking small doses from the capsule 2-3 times per day. The first day my eye cloudiness started to disappear...
  29. A

Head clears when body fighting infection! Please help!

Hi Mason Sorry for the late comment. Nope never tried liposomal but been reading about it, so they are available as a cream and oral fluid and supposed to be more effective. I dont know everything but I do know what worked for me, a few years ago I cut back all caffein (everything) and all...
  30. A

Any point trying L-glutathione

Thanks I did some searches on liposomal, I read there's also a cream/lotion you can take which better recycles glutathione in the body. Which product did you take ? I see most of them are pretty pricey too. I got my glutathione today in the mail took my first capsule 20 min ago. Keeping you...