• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. E

Methylation - hb12 making me feel bad

**UPDATE** Hi, so I have been supplementing methylfolate and mb12, and I am feeling better. However, I had a bunch of blood tests done over the weekend, and all were ok except now my liver AST and ALT have spiked tremendously. AST 182 (should be less than 40) ALT 185 (should be less than...
  2. E

Took my first cap (half of a 1mg cap, threw the other half out) of methylfolate this morning...started feeling edgy, hands were a little shaky, and an all round nervousness..however, i then drank a bunch of coconut water, and 20 minutes later i felt like i was back to normal. Potassium did the...
  3. E

Hey Caledonia, In addition to the above i have ACE Del16 +/- ADD1 G460W +/- BHMT +/- COMT H62H +/- COMT V158M +/- DAO +/- NOS2 +/- NOS3 +/- PEMT +/- SHMT1 +/- VDR BSM +/- CBS is all -/- Yeah hb12 appears to just make me more anxious right now, as well as just making me feel really flat. I...
  4. E

Thank you for your support Helen. I agree, simple and slowly is best. Its easy to get impatient sometimes, when all you try doesnt improve things...and often get worse. Its amazing how little people down here in Sydney know about Methylation. Chatting to you and Freddd has been a breath of...
  5. E

Hi Freddd, when you say neurological brightening, you mean removal of brain fog, right? What glutathione trial caused you damage. I have some NAC on order at the moment, recommended by my doctor to assist with Glutathione. Should i be weary? Thank you for sharing your insight. :)
  6. E

Thanks for the advice Freddd. Ive just ordered the Enzymatic b12. Do you suggest i bump up the dosage to 2 tablets after a couple weeks?
  7. E

Thanks Helen! I really appreciate your responses. I've just taken my first mb12 oral tablet this morning, following breakfast - 1mg from Thorne Research. Will update this thread with how I go with it. I'm sure there are others out there that will come across hb12 issues as well.
  8. E

Thanks for your response Helen. Here's is a list of all my MTHFR results using the app on MTHFRsupport: Gene & Variation rsID # Risk Allele Your Alleles Results MTHFR 03 P39P rs2066470 A GG -/- MTHFR A1298C rs1801131 G GG +/+ MTHFR A1572G rs17367504 G AA -/- MTHFR C677T rs1801133 A...
  9. E

Hi guys, I have A1298C ++, and I was advised by my doc to take methylfolate, mb12 and hb12. So I started taking the hb12 in smaller doses, and boy did I feel a difference......a NEGATIVE IMPACT -> it made me down in the dumps for a few days. I tried this 3 times over the next couple weeks, with...