• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. C

Shaving

I already tried that :-) It works! but the look is awful.
  2. C

Shaving

almost 4 years later, i have the same problem. I tried everything, but i dont know what to do :( I tried razor blade, electric, with foam, without foam, ... i shave one per week, and everytime i do it i feel sick for 24-48 hours. I dont know what to do, in my case is not chemical. I would do...
  3. C

Showers are very bad for me

2 years since i wrote this thread, but i didnt got better :\
  4. C

Shaving

In my case i suffer after shaves cause the irritation of the skin, i must have the shave without typicals brands like Gillete/Nivea/Wilkinson/etc and use ONLY ecological soap. What it help me after the shave, its to use moisturizer body lotion (typical Dove white cream that the women use...
  5. C

Age Of First Symptoms?

Same here, since i remember i was sick, but living a normal life so i was not able to see that i was really sick, being tired was a normal thing for me. But when was 17-18 years old everything changed and i got "the flu" until today that i am 31.
  6. C

Shaving

I also had many problems with shaving. What i did? I did Removed all Gillette/Wilkinson products and im using ecological products. Problem solved. After that Gillette shave i felt like... sick. I bet is some kind of MCS, although i can make almost normal life having CFS. How dow feel after a...
  7. C

biophile: "Showering at night or before bed may also help to make it easier to ride out the effects." Why?. Its weird, i use to fell better when showers are at night, exactly when i feel with less energy. leela, thx for the shop info, i already dropped that Gillette awful product ;) In my...
  8. C

Im back, after many experiments, i believe the problem could be MCS, fuck. Yesterday i had a shave on my facial hair, almost with no water, only Gillete gel with almost no water and a towel to clean me. The result: Same as a shower, body pain, feeling that my defenses are actived, mucosa...
  9. C

ukxmrv be sure whatever i discover i will post it here :) In my case i have gut problems: rinitis, diarreas, food intolerances, etc. So as you can imagine if in a normal day my gut is not OK then a shower day my gut is really in problems :) I think there is a relation between gut and...
  10. C

Thanks all for the replies, i really estimate it. Yesterday i had a bath with lukewarm water and i was fine, sit all the time, it looked nice for me: i leave the bath and after 20-30 minutes i feel the same: Mucosa irritated, its like the blood its burning across my veins and my body...
  11. C

Hello! What sypmtoms post-shower do you have? In my case i never had any fainting. I will try baths! Do you take any suplements to keep the body temperature? I found Paracetamol 650mg its nice to avoid temperature shocks, but its Paracetamol. Im having very bad days in Summer, cause where i...
  12. C

Hello all! Im newbie here. I am 30 years old, spanish male. Sorry my english i will do my best :) Everytime i have a shower i feel this symptoms: - Diarrea in the next 24 hours - I feel very warm in the next 24 hours, sweating A LOT, feeling my body very warm - So i cannot sleep, i usually...