• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. A

Has anyone tried pulsing antiviral meds e.g. Valtrex?

@almo I do numerous things to support liver function and detoxification in general - far more than the benefit one would get from coffee enemas. I don't generally have intolerances (supplements, reasonable meds etc.). So it is a little curious for me that I'm having these effects on the 1...
  2. A

Hi minkeygirl - thanks so much for your response. First - YES - I did mean 1 gram valtrex/day! LOL... When I searched earlier, I tried "pulse" (with no success) rather than "pulsing". So thanks for linking me to these threads. I'll check it out. From what I know, I do think it makes sense...
  3. A

Wondering if anyone has tried a pulsed regimen for antiviral meds (Valtrex, Valcyte etc.), or if anyone knows in theory whether there's a good reason not to pulse? I've used Valtrex off and on - I end up stopping because of signs of toxicity (e.g. excessive hair loss after shampoo - which...