• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. M

Do we know who Jennifer Brea's doctor is?

I'm sorry to read this. Your doctor should be treating you for sleep and pain, this is basic care outside of M.E.
  2. M

Tetanus shot side effects related to CFS/ME?

"The duration of protective immunity is a function of the magnitude of the serum antibody response and the time it takes for antibody titers to decline to nonprotective levels. Based on these parameters, the model predicts that 95% of the population will remain seroprotected against tetanus for...
  3. M

CD4-CD8 Test Interpretation

@sorin HSV that caused the mouth ulcers etc.
  4. M

@sorin I suggest you see your doctor for further investigation. You want to rule out oral cancer. There is no proof that CFS is related to HIV. I had this infection way before I developed CFS and I was very healthy at that time.
  5. M

Sunblock factor 50 available in UK -anyone found one that works on very sensitive skin?

I'm considering buying a 99% UV block umbrella, they would probably keep us cooler too. They are smaller and lighter weight than a rain umbrella. They use them in Japan. I'm not out much when it's sunny/hot, but for the short time I am out I would rather carry an anti-UV parasol than...
  6. M

Do I have Adrenal Fatigue or Cfs ?

Darn, those were the good ol' days . . . ;)
  7. M

Anyone else have a massive improvement from Tyrosine?

Tyrosine and Phenylalanine were the lowest on my amino acid panel, but when I supplemented with Tyrosine I felt a bit hyper. Phenylalanine converts to Tyrosine. Perhaps I should have taken Phenylalanine instead to see how that works out.
  8. M

@sorin No, not at the time of infection. But I did have DNA testing at one time and it was negative.
  9. M

@sorin The duration of the outbreak would last 2-3 weeks and then they were gone. I also had sore throat, sore swollen lymph nodes, feverish. muscle aches etc. It was caused by herpes simplex virus.
  10. M

I'm not sure they're cured, but I haven't had any re-activations for years. Mine were caused from viral infection. I took transfer factor and a year later imunovir. The weird thing is that the immunomodulators resulted in very bad relapse.
  11. M

@sorin I knew someone who had lower levels than mine without having M.E. She had chemical and food sensitivities. I'm no longer too concerned about my low counts.
  12. M

Do you mean mouth ulcers? Yes, I had this before M.E. I used to break out every 2-3 years and they were very painful Interesting thing happened though, after I took immunomodulators 15yrs ago they came back less frequent and less painful. The outbreaks eventually stopped.
  13. M

CD4 533 (700-1100) CD8 234 (500-900)
  14. M

All my CD's are below normal. High CD4/CD8 ratio. The immunologist was only a little concerned about the CD8 count so ran some viral RNA DNA testing and everything was normal. He had no idea what an NK cell function was when I asked.
  15. M

HELPFUL EATING FOR HORMONAL CHANGES

Helly, that bread sounds delicious! That's true about sugar. I got a good friend off soft drinks for one month and told him that when he drinks it again he will notice how sweet it is.
  16. M

Always hungry and high triglycerides

Look into Dandy Blend Instant Dandelion beverage. Tastes like coffee.
  17. M

What are some natural supplements for POTS?

I use "No Salt". Found it at the grocery store. I mix it with sea salt.
  18. M

Anyone feel a little better at night?

I was always more of a morning person before M.E, but now evenings are my best time of day.
  19. M

Practical ways of looking nice

Thank you, @leela Glad you found something that works. I'm familiar with arrowroot. What about the odour? Does it help with that too? I've got a few essential oils I can play with but like you I think I just want 'clean'. Can't wait to try it!
  20. M

Something seems to 'reset' when I'm sleeping so that when I wake up I'm back to square one. I do feel as though I get refreshing sleep though, except since menopause but that's a different issue.
  21. M

Perfume

@Daffodil some might be 3-5% dilution oils, these are more affordable. They should disclose this on their auction.
  22. M

It would also be interesting to know why this happens. Could have something to do with cortisol?
  23. M

@SmokinJoeFraz93 there was another thread on this topic: http://forums.phoenixrising.me/index.php?threads/why-do-we-feel-better-at-night.52204/
  24. M

The difference for me is quite remarkable. I start to 'pick up' after 5pm
  25. M

Perfume

@Daffodil look around for online stores that sell 'samples'. You can buy 4-5 drops of Vanilla absolute etc for a few dollars instead of the whole bottle. It does get very expensive when you buy the whole bottle.
  26. M

Perfume

I splurged and bought Bulgarian rose otto several years ago and it still smells heavenly. But when I add it to a carrier oil the scent doesn't last for very long, less than 1/2 hour. So, I bought a terracotta necklace (very inexpensive) and add 2 drops and it lasts much longer...
  27. M

Perfume

@Daffodil Have you heard of Saje? It's a Canadian store. It's Avedaish but not toxic. My sister bought one scent (a roll on) and I had no problem with it and I basically react to everything. http://www.saje.com/ca/saje-story.html We combine pure essential oils with all-natural...
  28. M

Perfume

@Daffodil I was also 'trapped' in my home for hours with 3 workers installing new floors in my kitchen and bathroom. The smell from their cologne lingered for hours after they left, it was as though it had attached itself to my furniture.
  29. M

winters coming ...

My worst months start in early spring. I refer to it as my 'spring relapse' and attribute this to allergies. I may not get the typical allergy symptoms but my immune system is on heightened attack mode for anything and everything going around.
  30. M

HELPFUL EATING FOR HORMONAL CHANGES

I make chicken soup in my slow cooker quite often. I eat this for breakfast and it keeps me full until at least 1pm. Sometimes I add brown rice. I need animal protein. I love bananas and peanut or almond butter too.