• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. W

Strong gut/microbiome link to Parkinson's - possilbe relevance to ME/CFS

I know this is an old thread, but: After having ME/CFS for decades, I developed a complex movement disorder from experimenting with probiotics that influence stomach bacteria. I also know of ME/CFS patients who actually developed Parkinsons after decades of ME/CFS. I am convinced there is a...
  2. W

Non-wireless DSL Modem

I am sensitive to wireless technology. I'm looking for a DSL modem with no router, which therefore won't put out any wi-fi signals. Can you recommend a good DSL modem without a wireless router? I don't care if it is an older modem, so long as it works. Thank you.
  3. W

New Smart Meter

Thanks, MastBCrazy, I might try shielding if I get sick from it. Hopefully I can stop them from installing a new one, or get more information about the new model. Just for people's info: http://emfsafetynetwork.org/smart-meters/
  4. W

New Smart Meter

Our electric company wants to replace our Smart Meter. I'm not sure what our current model is, but it is several years old. I am concerned that the newer models have more powerful signals that could potentially make me very sick. Do you know if there is any difference between the older and...
  5. W

Getting sick from new phone jack

One more thing. It appears that the DSL line is no longer causing me pain after he changed the jacks, which is a miracle. I feel fine around the computer again. Unfortunately, I still believe that the other phone jack they installed just outside the house is causing me some pain symptoms. I...
  6. W

Alternatives to Lyrica

I have heard a ton about LDN on these forums. I wonder why no doctor has recommended it to me yet? Is it a newer drug? Is their controversy about it? How does it compare to Lyrica?
  7. W

Well thank G-d that this problem got solved. The man from the phone company agreed to come back and restore the old phone jack. He told me the jack that was bothering me was both a RJ-45 and a RJ-11 combination, or in other words, it was compatible with both. He unscrewed the panel and...
  8. W

Alternatives to Lyrica

Have just tried Lyrica for the first time for "nerve ending" pain. I took 25 mg. It was very effective in ridding me entirely of all pain, but I also felt the drug was possibly harming me in other ways, such as sleep disturbance, confusion, mood changes, and just feeling drugged out and tired...
  9. W

Thanks for taking the time to explain this. Although he installed a modular for ethernet and phone, both jacks appear to be the same size and fit a normal telephone chord So maybe it is still RJ-11, just a more modern version?
  10. W

Well that must mean that there was a filter on here originally, because we never had a problem with that. I'm rather confused about how to just revert back to whatever we had. He replaced a wall plate, and I assume that wall plate has a type of connection or jack on the inside of it. From...
  11. W

Well the regular jack still gave us high speed DSL. If we put the wrong jacks on, it might worsen our broadband speed, but I'm trying to get the correct ones that worked well previously. Does anyone know what RJ-11 type of jacks are compatible with an older DSL line?
  12. W

Yes, that might be it. The tech said I need to revert back to an old RJ-11 jack, but there are many kinds, so not sure which one.
  13. W

Well whatever he did caused a faster and more powerful broadband connection then was previously installed. They also installed another phone jack box somewhere just outside the house. I have no idea if this wired for something besides a land line, maybe that could be a problem as well.
  14. W

The phone company had to fix our phone lines today because of static. We had a DSL internet line and a phone line connected to an old phone jack. For some strange reason, the technician decided to replace this outlet with a more modern one that he calls "modular for ethernet and phone". He...
  15. W

Potentially harmful effects of probiotics?

Wish I understood what this means. :)
  16. W

UPDATE: Doctor recommending Lyrica.
  17. W

About Hypochloridic... So right now, the things that are helping my pain are probiotics, and ENO fruit salts: Would that support the hypothesis that I'm hypochloridic? I take also Prilosec, but that doesn't help the pain, just helps with reflux.
  18. W

I am afraid to try steroids, but if suppression of the immune system is the problem, then what should I do instead? This would imply that some treatment that helps the immune system would be beneficial to CFS patients, but I don't hear anyone getting better from something like that.
  19. W

Most natural way to treat pain?

Its like a nerve ending and inflammation type of pain, kind of difficult to describe.
  20. W

I googled LPN, I assume you mean Low Dose Naltrexone? Sleep CD's a good idea, but the type of pain I'm in without some kind of medication is too intense for just that. Trying other probiotic formulas is an idea, but I don't seem to do well on a wide variety of probiotics that I have tried, and...
  21. W

UPDATE: Still on the probiotics, and my nerve damage is getting much worse. Desperately want to get off of these probiotics, but can't sleep without them! I've asked before, but any ideas of things I can take instead? Things that effect my stomach seem to reduce the nerve pain for some...
  22. W

Most natural way to treat pain?

I am taking probiotics which seem to reduce my pain substantially, but I think they may be causing nerve damage so I want to stop taking them. I am wondering if there is something else I can take to reduce pain and inflammation that may be "natural" in a similar way to probiotics? In other...
  23. W

Can't tolerate new clothing, need advice!

Thanks for the suggestions. I don't think its a "smell" that is bothering me, I believe there are some toxic chemicals in these clothes that are making me sick, because I cough and get ill. Maybe the manufacturing of the clothes involves dyes or other chemicals? I tried washing a pair of...
  24. W

Can't tolerate new clothing, need advice!

I have bought many kinds of jeans and underwear recently, but they are all making me sick. I am chemically sensitive, but even the underwear and jeans that are 100% organic cotton are still making me sick. I assume it must be some other chemical used in manufacturing? Possibly the dye? I...
  25. W

Probiotics and cytokine activity

Is cytokine activity bad? I don't know what that means. I have had some bad experiences with probiotics personally, however, so I'm wondering.
  26. W

UPDATE: Guess there this not much more to say in this thread, but a few more things. I tried a new probiotic that has 10 strains in it, and it made me 10 times as tired :) It also made my tremors worse. But I did feel slightly cleansed from it, but scared to take more. Wondering if a...
  27. W

Can't sleep without probiotics...

Probiotics are a mixed bag for me, some strains I'm reacting to very badly, so who knows! I took a probiotic called "Renew Life" last night, and it was awful! Any other suggestions? Guess I might try circumin next...
  28. W

I just tried last night "Renew Life" Probiotic, and I had a terrible reaction to it. This had supposedly 5 of the 'good' bacteria, and 5 bacteria i've seen in yogurt. Why would this make me sick immediately? Very strange, some strains make me sick right away, some relieve the pain, but the...
  29. W

This thread has received lots of good comments, thank you! I have tried to respond to all of them, but I apologize if I missed anyone. It is still hard for me to read for too long, so I am limited in the amount of analysis I can do or the amount of informative articles I can read. I just...
  30. W

I'm not familiar with the term 'dysbiosis', but if it means terrible pain and feelings of nerve inflammation, then yes, I have it. Many people I have spoken to are like you, they cannot even tolerate a probiotic in the first place. I am seeking to find other remedies for my 'dysbiosis', which...