• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. S

Anxiety & CFS symptoms activated by Eating/Drinking

Thanks. My wife and I are very judicious about avoiding all HFCS in all foods we consume...we're good label readers. That said, the occasional ingestion of HFCS hasn't seemed to set off symptoms. I am not on a regular dose of a benzo. However, I have a stash of Klonopin, which I take...
  2. S

Anxiety & CFS symptoms activated by Eating/Drinking

I've had extended periods of anxiety and chronic fatigue symptoms for many years. Anxiety is the all-day kind, not the 1-2 hr. panic-then-subsiding. Flare-ups can last for 6-12 months or more, then disappear, leaving me anxiety free, for 1-2 years or more. Changes in lifestyle or diet never had...
  3. S

The Best Drug for ME/CFS? The Other Side of Klonopin: A Patient's Story and A Survey

Don't know if anyone is still monitoring or responding to this old thread. I happen to chance upon Gabby's story today at the end of 2015, when looking for Klonopin for CFS pros/cons on Google. The thing that stands out to me about her story is that, after her 8 year Klonopin buildup and...
  4. S

Severe Night-Time Crashes

Thanks, Wifi, for your very caring & detailed reply. Klonopin side effects are not my problem. Sorry I wasn't clearer, but I am not a regular user of this drug, I actually only take Klonopin very rarely. Across this whole year, I've taken maybe 6 tablets of lowest dose. Thanks for your...
  5. S

Many thanks to all who replied. I must edit my original post, as the crashes are no longer confined to the later hours. I have now had several horrible daytime crashes within an hour or two of waking, even after 8+ hours of sleep, with debilitating symptoms that last half or all day. The...
  6. S

I've never taken blood sugar levels so far, in my life. I've had doctors take them, and I've had doctors do an adrenal-cortisol cycle test, but they never reported anything notable. And I already eat pretty impeccably - all organic, mostly protein and greens, low carbs & sugars. Still, if you...
  7. S

I've had CFS symptoms on & off for many years, including a 2 year period where I could barely work at all. These days I have enough daytime energy to work, play, and live fairly normal. But every night, right around 9-10PM, I get a sudden-onset crash, where without warning, all the energy...