• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. R

IV antibitoics and the gut inofrmation needed.

I had very bad gut issues before starting any treatment. But I found with IV's, I had little to no problem with my gut. When on oral abx, my gut is so much worse. I always dread being on oral abx because of how it impacts on my gut situation and I was really glad to get a chance to take a break...
  2. R

When should you go to the hospital with a migraine?

I have had a migraine now running for last 4 days, and one for 2 days 2 days before the 4 day run. Real fun! I have given up now taking the meds for it cos they are strong and don't like taking to many days in a row, and well, they usually work and obviously not fixiing it now. I do have a...
  3. R

Started 4ME / nexavir

I think at first I used to feel shaky or muscle twiches , something funny anyway that I don't usually get, in my legs for a bit after taking it. It just felt weird, not painful or scary. But I did feel a really big uptake in energy levels around that time too.
  4. R

Cowden Lyme Protocol

I had serious fatigue, as well as other herx reactions, when I first started herbals and for many months in the beginning. But that was mainly Samento and Banderol reaction. I don't think I had much reaction or effect from Cumanda. I was able to increase drops rapidly on that one, while S & B...
  5. R

Dr Jemsek and Alan MacDonald speaking at London conference - May 15th

I saw Dr Marjo Valonen speak at a conference last year. I really enjoyed her talk - for me, it was the best and most informative that day of all the speakers. I really like her approach in treatment and was a lovely person to speak with in depth during the breaks. Also, had lyme disease...
  6. R

Could I have Babesia?

the babesia symptoms are improved, recent testing now says negative. Lyme is still going strong though. But I think I am now finally turning a corner with Cowden protocol, tolerating it now and increasing drops to 20 now. My physical energy and general ability hugely improved the month of...
  7. R

Could I have Babesia?

Hi @Daffodil , do you get air hunger or sob? or very severe sharp stabbing pain in chest (between ribs, intercostal muscles I think) anytime you breathe in? I think there is a proper term for that stabbing chest pain but can't think of it right now since it is 3am here and can't sleep :( Well...
  8. R

My first appointment with KDM

HI, I had elevated ammonia in serum too. I can't remember the figure, I need to check my notes/results. But I think it was similar to yours. I had an appointment last week and asked about it , what it meant etc. He said it is caused by gut issues/problems. I was surprised as I assumed the high...
  9. R

far infrared sauna confusion

I was doing sauna's at home for a while at the beginning of the summer and found them a great benefit at the time. I mean sometimes I would be completely wiped out afterwards and need to rest/lie on bed for half an hour or hour sometimes. But once I passed that initial bit, for rest of day...
  10. R

In Belgium to see Dr de Meirleir

@Hayes When I first started taking it, my stomach reacted for a few weeks - bloating etc. But no headaches though.
  11. R

In Memory of Prof Austin Darragh

A great man - didn't know he passed. RIP
  12. R

Does KDM worry that long term abx for Lyme treatment may be bad for the gut?

VSL#3 is a name of a probiotic that KDM prescribed me and many others. However, I think it has recently changed names ( I should have mentioned that in last post but completely forgot). My brain is not working too well at all today so I can't recall it but think the new name goes by Vivomixx or...
  13. R

Does KDM worry that long term abx for Lyme treatment may be bad for the gut?

I think VSL is one of the better probiotics out there, even though it is expensive - I find it worth the money cos I have found it very hard to find a replacement probiotic anywhere near as good and as effective as it. I was prescribed VSL for about 2 and 1/2 or 3 months before I started...
  14. R

Starting 3rd mont of abx: doubts about Clarithromycin (2 diff formats)

I took Clarithromycin combined with Doxy for about 2 months last Oct -Nov. I had to take both of them twice a day. I have no idea about the slow or fast absorption rate differences or which is best. I bought what the pharmacist produced for me from the prescription/protocol. I didn't think of...
  15. R

Has anyone actually been cured by KDMs lyme treatment?

There is a facebook group called Lyme success stories or something similar. People post what their treatment was, how they sick, supplements, detoxing etc , the whole story. But they only allow people who are better to post, not just those who have improvements or half way there. I have not read...
  16. R

Has anyone actually been cured by KDMs lyme treatment?

When I was first diagnosed last year, I met with a local lady to had been treated for Lyme and was recovered. She gave me lots of invaluable advice about the process, how she felt on certain drugs, what she did , found helpful - most of all she gave me much needed hope! But she threw...
  17. R

Antibiotic Ketek. Would you?

Hi Justy, I have also been prescribed this. My letter with new protocol came in the post the other day. I don't know anything about it to help you sorry. But would be interested to know more about it too.
  18. R

Dr. John Lambert

I know he is an infectious disease doctor, and sees patients for Lyme. I am not sure if he does ME/CFS, but perhaps he does too. I will send you a PM tomorrow with some info, as I am about to go to bed. But I only had a one off appointment with him, so can't help with treatment stuff. I'll share...
  19. R

Dr. John Lambert

Yes, I had an appointment with Dr.Lambert about this time last year. Is it for Lyme disease, or ME/CFS.?
  20. R

C3a & C4a test/Lyme vs Mold

I got my test results back last week and they included C3a and C4a tests, which I never had done before and know nothing about. My results were: C3a : 0.92 (0.58 - 1.92) C4a: 0.32 (0.57 - 1.68) Last year at my first appointment, I tested positive for Lyme (LTT) and for mold...
  21. R

Cowden Lyme Protocol

I put my order in with Nutramedix last Friday, and 2 big boxes arrived this morning with my Cowden herbs! I didn't order the full 9 months, was too cautious about it, just in case they don't work for me/ react badly to them. I think I ordered 3 or 4 months to try. I am going to have to study...
  22. R

After huge relapse LTT for lyme finally positive after years of negative results: My story

Hi @Vojta I have heard great things about that new clinic and that young doc. I know someone who goes there also. I am glad they found you some answers finally, even if a positive Ltt is not great news for you, or cause more questions!
  23. R

Cowden Lyme Protocol

thanks for that Pam. I did try Andrographis before I started any treatment over a year ago, and found I did well on it. Some of the bottles don't seem relevant to what I need - metal detox, and Bart herbs, I don't like wasting them but ordering full protocol seems best deal.
  24. R

Cowden Lyme Protocol

Ah ok more replies, while I posted!!! I am specifically concerned with targeting my Babesia at the moment. Really want to knock that one out good and hard, fingers crossed. I was hoping my new test results would be back before the special offer deadline offered to the conference goers runs out...
  25. R

Cowden Lyme Protocol

@Dufresne Thank you for the response That is my main concern, if I decide to go herbal route , should I stop abx altogether or continue with them and see how it goes for me. It's a tough choice for me, I feel I am at a cross roads with my treatment right now, or at least a few months. I'm tired...
  26. R

Cowden Lyme Protocol

Hi, sorry if I am gate crashing Daffodil's thread, but I had some questions about the Cowden Protocol and didn't want to make another thread on same topic. A week or two ago, I went to a Nutramedix workshop all about Cowden Herbal Protocol, this also offered a discounted rate for buying so I...
  27. R

Questions about staying in Brussels and clinic treatment

I tended to feel v v cold while getting infusion even if it was warm outside or even if it felt ok in the clinic itself while not hooked up. They have red rugs to use, I think most people were using them. Sometimes I used two. But then I have always been a v cold person even before being sick. I...
  28. R

Question about test results after first appointment

Yeah the break might be a problem but contact them before the break, even if all the results are not back , they can send what ever they do have. But do give them a few days/week to respond, or enough time that you can get back on to them if they don't reply straight away.
  29. R

Question about test results after first appointment

Hi Sarah, I emailed Infectolabs about results and they replied with my Ltt results. I also chanced emailing redlabs but they said they send results to the doc so I would have to get them off him. So about a week or two before my second consult, I emailed (and then a few days later phoned) the...
  30. R

New Clinic

Himmunitas clinic could keep going nicely with just locals - Belgians and Netherlands. So so many patients , even with out internationals thrown in too.