• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. A

2 Months Into Valtrex Treatment

I was prescribed Valtrex under 2 months ago after convincing my doctor that my high EBV titers are the cause for my ongoing flu-like symptoms. Currently, I'm dosed at 2,000, or 1g at 2x per day, and I'm having a significant relief of symptoms/pain. I realize that some people, on this forum at...
  2. A

Valtrex

Hey guys, I just wanted to share are some symptoms I'm experiencing with Valtrex. I'm on my third week and I felt some great improvement regarding fatigue/brain fog and headaches. However, for the last couple days I've noticed the headaches are coming back, just not as strong as before I started...
  3. A

Doctors in Souther California Willing To Prescribe Valtrex Treatment

Awesome, you made my day. I just sent her an email, so hopefully I'll have an appointment set up soon. By the way, I have Aetna, do you go through insurance with her? (I'm most likely going to use her whether she's in my network or not).
  4. A

The pickings are slim! In any case, I have heard of him, and I may have to use him; does he do anti-viral treatments?
  5. A

Hi minkeygirl, thanks for your response- your NP sounds fantastic. I'm in Los Angeles and Orange County- I travel between the two throughout the week. However, I'm willing to travel especially to someone such as your NP. Is this anywhere near you?
  6. A

EBV Test Interpretation- Quest Diagnostics

I just need a doctor willing to do so. After 5 or so MD's, I haven't found one that even has considered it. I did the Valtrex treatment myself through an online pharmacy for 2 months and had significantly positive results in regards to decreasing the severity of my symptoms. But, I can't do that...
  7. A

My doctor tells me it is a past infection- however, if all my titers are positive what makes him say this?! A person going through the acute stage would have the same high level titers as me, right? It makes no sense to me. I'll I can say is doctors are incompetent, and rightfully so, at...
  8. A

Does anyone here know any doctors in southern California who are/may be willing to work with anti-viral treatments and CFS patients?
  9. A

Hi all, I just got my EBV results this week and needed some help interpreting it. My doctors seem clueless at this point. I attached a picture file of my results. I was diagnosed 2 years ago with Mono and never got over the symptoms... just to give you some background information. I noticed...
  10. A

Tylenol

2 weeks ago I started taking tylenol daily (500-1000mg). My headaches and nausea have went down significantly after taking it. My headaches started from a viral infection. Has anyone had success with tylenol in treating their headaches? Does this rule out CFS? Still searching for answers...
  11. A

Almost 10 Months Since Infection

Yes I also still have red and swollen tonsils. The post exertion fatigue seems to be very hard to notice- I've noticed that after exercise my brain fog gets "heavier", and I get more congested, but that's it. I'll try the fish oil, I've been inconsistent with taking that specifically.
  12. A

Valcyte

For those who have CFS, and have not tried any anti-viral treatments such as Valcyte, why haven't you? I'm going to see an infectious disease doctor and bring up anti-virals. Is it treatment cost that usually holds CFS patients back? Side-effects? What are the reasons not to try anti-viral...
  13. A

Almost 10 Months Since Infection

Hi all, After reading over many of the forum threads, I have some questions for anyone that may have a similar experience as me. After my initial infection 10 months ago (mononucleosis), I am still plagued with a strange sense of mental fatigue (spiritual loss), post nasal drip, headaches...
  14. A

Complete anhedonia (loss of feelings) as a ME symptom. Anyone else who has it?

I am experiencing the exact same blunted affect. I have very little emotions and feelings. T.V. shows and movies do not give me good or bad feelings, nor close friends and family. Honestly, at this point I wish I had at least some negative emotions. Having no emotions or feelings feels very...
  15. A

Does brain fog reduce the spiritual sense?

I completely agree with the loss of spiritual sense and awareness. Being only in my early 20's it scares me even more. I have lost that intimate connection with all those close to me, and feel as though I must rebuild my life and reevaluate my life goals, beliefs, and values. Comprehending...
  16. A

Diagnosis for CFS

Awesome, I'll keep those things in mind.
  17. A

Diagnosis for CFS

Hi, just found this forum and it seems like there is a lot of helpful information regarding CFS/ME, and hopefully some of you can help guide me in the right direction in getting a CFS diagnosis. Anyways, I was diagnosed with mononucleosis around 8 months ago, and have since been feeling lousy...