• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. D

Does anyone return to work?

After not working for almost two years, I am ready and able to return to work. I have searched and I can't find any threads about the problems associated with returning to work after long absences.
  2. D

Help choosing insurance, antiviral coverage

Many of the anti-virals are cheap. A 90 day supply of acyclovir costs $10 at Walmart. The biggie is valcyte, which is prohibitively expensive without insurance coverage. Some insurance plans will only cover it for a short period, others will not cover it for a cfs diagnosis. Very difficult...
  3. D

artemisia for HHV-6

I have asked in person at a couple of local pharmacies. Costco said $3,800. http://www.goodrx.com./valcyte/price is the best place I know to search prices. According to this website a month would cost me $1,645. However, it is common for doctors to double or triple the initial dosage making it...
  4. D

artemisia for HHV-6

Their assistant program is only for those who require transplants.
  5. D

artemisia for HHV-6

Does anyone else have experience using artemisia for HHV-6? My doctor has recommended I take it. He said research has shown it to be effective. My doctor also wrote me a prescription for valcyte. But, 450mg per day of valcyte would cost me $3,800 per month and I can not afford it. Taking...