• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. ~ Ariel

Hunting for the perfect Ecomode Plus or Fulleco cordless answerphone :-)

Hello, While in dire straights, me phone has expired. I am hunting for the perfect ecomode Plus or Fulleco cordless phone to buy in the UK.. Little or no energy for research. I am hoping someone here may have looked into it. Wishlist ( tall order): Solidd and relatively simple to use. 2...
  2. ~ Ariel

Shooting Down the Top 10 Myths from the NHS Online Clinic

Hi Purple ~ Thanks! I am sometimes able to watch videos.
  3. ~ Ariel

The role of psychology in chronic illness

Helllo Cheesus, (et All), I am very glad for you that embracing the GUPTA program is making you feel so much happier ! I appreciate your motivation to expend treatments horizons - indeed, to me, this is an important function of investing oneself into communities such as PR - that sharing our...
  4. ~ Ariel

N-acetylcysteine (NAC)

Hii, Valentijn, Many thanks for your replies, and for moving the conversation here ! ~ Shall consider. For now, me PTSS (meaning: PTSD, except I do not resonnate with the word: " disorder" ;-) symptoms are SO acute, unwise to experiment ~using Avena Sativa (wild oats) & Passiflora herbal...
  5. ~ Ariel

Hi, Valentijn, Many thanks! I am looking into it. Mind answering a few questions ( aware this is totally "off-topic"!) Which brand do you take? - are the caps/gels relatively small ( can't swallow large caps, because of vey swollen lymphs)~ also, I am extremely sensitive to smells; some...
  6. ~ Ariel

PS - Oops ...trigger-happy: post went before I could insert your name, Valentijn ~
  7. ~ Ariel

Hi Thank you for this ~ Shrude ! ~ Did you write On the nHS forum: " My sleep has been quite good, since I found a supplement to help with my brain being over-stimulated, and some other things to reduce pain...." If so, what please is the supplement which helped with brain firing...
  8. ~ Ariel

Terminated after 20 years

So sorry to hear, Roxie60 ! ~ Heartfelt sympathy and support ! ~ A crushing blow indeed ! ~ The question seems to me to be: How, but how could your employers be callous enough to treat you in such an impersonal, ruthless and cruel fashion after SO many years, knowing the consequences that...
  9. ~ Ariel

Is there any reason NOT to take curcumin?

Hello, dsdmom et All, Been taking curcumin /turmeric for 2 years now ~ as with all supplements, I operate on instinct ~ Suffer fro ISB, badly triggered par pepper (total no-no),chili, cayenne, any " hot" spices ~ No problem with curcumin, tolerate it fine, but that doesn't mean of course...
  10. ~ Ariel

Daily Mirror: "The sympathy is greater for badgers than for disabled welfare claimants"

Watching the recent badgers "ooh-ah" ufold on the news, I must say, I thought the same - also , sadly (all politics aside):The sympathy seems greater for badgers than for the current civilian atrocities in Syria? - Back to topic:I share your indignation on the benefits testing issues in England...
  11. ~ Ariel

Numbness in legs?

My pleasure ! ~ Ah! ~ That is very different from my case, a very specific trigger indeed ~ reading your reply makes me ponder as to just how much " Inspector Cluzot" talent & dedication each of us need to elucidating new symptoms, triggers, etc - ! ~ Best of luck, please keep us updated? ~
  12. ~ Ariel

Numbness in legs?

Hi, Sparrow Hawk, Ouch ! ~ New symptoms, hey ! ~ All my sympathy: 15 years on, I remain amazed at how they can spring up on me out of the blue ~ to put it politely: " what now ?! " ~ I have and continue to experience something similar to what you describe, but not quite identical ( amazed...