• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. Soporificat

Anybody else using DIY transdermal B12?

Sorry it's taken me so long to respond. I haven't been on the forum for a while. Three things help the b12 sink in: 1) Exfoliate the skin--scrub scrub scrub!; 2) Use a different section of skin each day/each application--also, each section of skin should be fairly large, such as your entire...
  2. Soporificat

For those on Freddd's protocol: how do you time your vitamin C intake?

I guess nobody knows? I can't figure out a clear answer through searching. I really want to up my vitamin C but I don't see how I can do that if I can only take it at night. :(
  3. Soporificat

I think it is actually the oil (or creamy moisturizer) that gets the B12 through so effectively. I use the ethanol because it seems to help the B12 liquid and the oil to merge better. That's just what I'm observing. I don't have any links for you, but the stuff about the oil being important was...
  4. Soporificat

When I tried it without a carrier I used the B12 liquid straight from the bottle. It seemed to just sit on top of the skin. Now I use ethyl alcohol (Everclear, 190 proof) and sunflower oil. I put on the B12 liquid, then put about an equal amount of ethyl alcohol on top and rub it around. Then...
  5. Soporificat

Huh, that is weird! I when things don't make sense, lol! Did this change happen when you started the new bottle of bluebonnet, maybe? Maybe it was a stronger/better batch of B12?
  6. Soporificat

I will be very interested to hear what your experience with it is. Just a note, though, that even though it is concentrated, you will still need a carrier to get it through the skin. My experience is that otherwise it mostly just sits on top of your skin. When I rub in the ethyl alcohol and oil...
  7. Soporificat

Blerg. I thought vitamin C made absorption of magnesium more efficient, so I've been taking them together at night. Also, I wanted to keep the magnesium away from the B12 and folate. Also, I need the magnesium malate to sleep!!! Darn it! I'm really confused about the vitamin C thing. I would...
  8. Soporificat

@ahmo -- what do you think is the equivalence between the commercial oil and the Bluebonnet method? I'm currently using a full dropper per day (divided into two doses), and I'm wondering how much of the commercial oil I would need to get that kind of dosing. Also, since you used to use the...
  9. Soporificat

Well, the bottle has only 60 droppers full, and you are taking one dropper per day, right? (5000mcg) So there is no way that it could last 5 months. Maybe you have used the oil more that you thought. But, to me that probably means that you truly aren't noticing any difference between the two...
  10. Soporificat

@ahmo -- you are one of those who gets clear responses from B12, right? And, you get symptoms if you get too little B12? If this technique is delivering more B12 than sublinguals, then I really don't get why more people aren't doing it. It's really easy and cheap, and there is no downside...
  11. Soporificat

If not, why not? :D OK, the reason I ask is that it seems to be the cheapest, easiest, and safest way to get high doses into the bloodstream, but the fact that I don't hear more of you all doing it is making me wonder just how effective it is. So far, Ahmo seems to be the only person here who...
  12. Soporificat

I'm under the impression (maybe incorrect?) that vitamin C interferes with both B12 and folate. I know that people here have mentioned that. Although, i went on the Linus Pauling site and they are saying that there aren't good studies to support the idea that vitamin C destroys b12 or folate...
  13. Soporificat

Dr. Jay Goldstein's Rapid Remission ME/CFS Treatments.

Are any of you going to try Goldstein's approach? Does anybody know of ANY doctors who treat according to Goldstein's ideas? It's all so tantalizing, but as someone with no chemistry/medical background, and a full-sized case of ME/CFS brain, I feel hopeless about trying it myself. I would...
  14. Soporificat

$95 for l-methylfolate

Yes, it is much cheaper to buy over the counter. Deplin is a rip-off. The best (and the exact same thing as Deplin) is Metafolin, so look for that on the bottle. I have been buying this from iHerb, and I think this is what most people use...
  15. Soporificat

Worried about my ratio of methylfolate to MB12--any insight?

Aha! So helpful, thank you! If there are different types of folates in food, that might explain why people like Freddd and Ahmo have a problem with green vegetables, yet make no mention of similar problems with legumes, which are very high in folate. It sounds like the type of folate that might...
  16. Soporificat

Thank you for the clear advice, Liverock. I look at diagrams like the above and I can't make sense of them. But, I went on the site and the level of info is AMAZING!
  17. Soporificat

Ah, ok, what was confusing me was that some people are referring to Dihydrofolate as folinic acid. But, I was only aware of folinic acid as a man-made substance, not the dietary folate. So, there is only one type of folate in food, which is dihydrofolate? OK, so the folic acid is the thing...
  18. Soporificat

Thank you so much! This makes a lot of sense. I didn't know that about the MTRR ++ mutation. Awesome! I will start titrating tomorrow (today I've already screwed up my dosing schedule due to other things). I was thinking about making the move to Hydroxy b12. There are surprisingly few sources to...
  19. Soporificat

@ahmo -- ok, I'll try cutting out my green vegetables. I don't like green vegetables anyway, lol! I suppose beans are bad, too, since they have an enormous amount of folate?. I'm a little confused by the difference between folate and folinic acid. Oh, btw, I love the guide that you wrote up...
  20. Soporificat

I'm on all the stuff in @Freddd 's protocol, pretty much (including the brands he uses). However, my ratio of MB12 to MFolate has gotten really weird, and I'm worried that I'm misinterpreting my symptoms and making some wrong choices. I'm taking only 1mg of MB12 per day (although it takes...
  21. Soporificat

Anybody Try Methylfolate product from Methyl Life brand? (or their B12 stuff?)

@Critterina -- Thanks for the tip! I notice on the website that they have a bunch of own brand stuff for things I use (like CoQ10, d-Ribose, etc...) Have you tried other supplements from them? What do you think of their quality? I checked a couple and they seem to be significantly cheaper than...
  22. Soporificat

Anybody Try Methylfolate product from Methyl Life brand? (or their B12 stuff?)

I have to take a high dose of methyfolate (12mg) to stay on top of thing while methylating. Currently, I take Solgar w/ Metafolin (the Deplin type methylfolate). IT IS SO EXPENSIVE! And, I have to take lots of pills. So I'm looking for alternatives and stumbled across this company...
  23. Soporificat

Dr. Pridgen's 9 different cocktail mix patents & research under Dr. Carol Duffy name

It looks like there is a generic version of Celebrex which has either already been released, or will be released very shortly.
  24. Soporificat

Defining recovery in chronic fatigue syndrome: a critical review

‘‘the quest for treatment is not only a quest for relief of symptoms; it is also seen as a journey to find personal balance in one’s life. Patients approach the recovery process by making decisions as to what works for the individual, rather than pursuing each recommended biomedical treatment.’’...
  25. Soporificat

New FDA Rule Proposal Will Ban Methylfolate from Supplements.

Solgar Metafolin -- they use the Deplin formulation (licensed from Merck) I believe iHerb.com is the cheapest source.
  26. Soporificat

The Resistant Starch Challenge: Is It The Key We've Been Looking For?

@Ripley Personally, I've been a little reluctant to start on SBOs because some people have raised the issue that this might be dangerous for people with compromised immune systems. As a person with ME/CFS I most certainly have a compromised immune system, there is no doubt about that. However, I...
  27. Soporificat

oh, and one more thing: yes, it is virtually impossible to shift bacterial populations with just probiotics, which is the whole point of the RS. The RS is a preferred food for the friendly bacteria (supposedly, anyway), etc... so by providing it you are creating a welcoming home for them, which...
  28. Soporificat

I am no expert for sure, as I'm just groping my way around, but what I understand is that Lacto and Bifido type bacteria will bind to the RS when taken with the starch, and that protects them on the way down into the colon, which is where they should be living. The RS acts as a kind of life...
  29. Soporificat

How much should I reduce it to, do you think? If it's doing great things I don't want to stop it and allow possible pathogens any breathing room to regroup, but obviously I don't want to let things get out of control.
  30. Soporificat

That was my initial thought, too, so I cut back on the thyroid (I normally take 75 mg per day of Armour; I reduced to 45 mg) and within two days I was nailed to the floor in exhaustion. I still need the thyroid support, so it's hard for me to say that it is increased thyroid. Maybe, though.