• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. M

Found this reply on my blog: "PLEASE HELP! Someone out there who understands methylation far better

You might want to check out Dr Yasko's Simplified Protocol. She stresses the need to introduce supplements in an ordered fashion, first making sure that Lithium and Glutamate are in balance. then adding in the RIGHT kind of B12, and FINALLY adding in Folate. her All-In-One multi provides the...
  2. M

Needing a LOT of Lithium

Probably the best way. Blood testing is not accurate, since it is designed to check therapeutic levels for those who are on Lithium carbonate for Bipolar Disorder.It is not sensitive enough for physiological levels.
  3. M

Needing a LOT of Lithium

Hait tests are not good for many things..... but they ARE good for Lithium ( provided that the lab is reputable) I used Doctors Data, who are excellent. Dr Yasko has tested thousands for Lithium using Hair, and found that some genotypes ( MTHFR C677T, MTR and MTRR ) are predisposed to be...
  4. M

Needing a LOT of Lithium

My initial hair level of Lithium was <0.04. I have been supplementing with Lithium Orotate, 5mg twice a day for about a year. Latest Hair Test shows my Lithium is still <0.004. I am on the Yasko All-In-One Multi and just starting the PC/PS complex. No extra B12 or Folate Do some people need to...
  5. M

Yasko Simplified : Lithium with very low B12 ??

The "salt" I use is called NoSalt and I get it in the grocery store in Canada for around $8. It is made in the USA. It is a mixture of Potassium Chloride and Potassium BiTartrate.... but it doesn't say the proportions. 1/4 tsp gives 650mg of Potassium. It has a few fillers, which I am not that...
  6. M

I have had very, very high levels of Lead ( from stripping a whole house worth of old paint years ago ) Usually, within 30 minutes of taking the Lithium i would get a very strong metallic taste in my mouth, and would feel suddenly tired and flu-ish. I quickly discovered that this dumping of...
  7. M

Transcobalamin 2 genes

I have 6 lots of TCN2 +/- I know that +/+ is likely to cause the worst effect........ but how many +/-'s does it take to have the same effect as a +/+ ?! Or is that a silly question?
  8. M

What she noticed, from studying hundreds and hundreds of Hair results and urinary Toxic Elements, was that people with the MTR and MTRR mutations tended to "dump" Lithium into the urine... often to the extent of becoming depleted. She feels it is important to get Lithium levels up again BEFORE...
  9. M

Order through HolisticHeal and it is $85
  10. M

Folate..... water soluble or fat soluble ?

Thanks.....I was pretty sure I was right. Oh GROAN.... here I go again, having to educate an ND.... and I thought this one knew her stuff pretty well. She is seeing quite a few of the patients for "detox" issues who also see my LLMD.
  11. M

She uses Doctors Data lab for her testing. You can order the test via her office with no doctors order and she adds comments to the results. I had very high B12/folate on my bloodworm, high MCV at 108 and symptoms of B12/Folate deficiency........ so that is why I got into testing for Lithium.
  12. M

Folate..... water soluble or fat soluble ?

I have just started having IV chelation . The ND said she was not adding 'Folate' to the bag, as it is fat soluble.... she said it could be given by injection. As I understand it, Folic ACID is water soluble, as are all B vitamins. I thought Methyl-Folate was water soluble too ? I can't find...
  13. M

Thank you, Peter. According to Dr Amy Yasko, hair Lithium IS a good marker ( whereas blood isn't ) . If Lithium is very, very low, it will not drive the B12 and Folate into the cells . So, if you add in B12 with little or no Lithium then it will just pool in the blood. I guess that might be a...
  14. M

Vitamin D down regulation with infection

I am reading that the Vitamin D receptor is down regulated with some infections.... like Lyme Disease it is down by about 50%. Can anyone explain what this means ? Does it mean that of you have a level of 80, but have Lyme infection, then actually only half of the D will get into the cells, so...
  15. M

I understand the protocol that Dr Amy suggests and totally 'get" the need to do the steps in the right order. I have been through all of this myself and have found Dr Amy's guidelines invaluable. I think I have every problem there is when it comes to lithium dumping and needing to be careful...
  16. M

Question about brand.....

Has any one heard of, or used supplements from a company called Relentless Improvement in the US ? Health Canada have now banned import of Lithium supplements, and this company us still shipping via Amazon..... But I have never heard of them.
  17. M

Methyl Folate triggering seizures

Anyone heard of 5MTHF triggering seizures, if started at too high a dose? This is in a person with previous seizure disorder due to Lyme Disease. I am pretty sure this is what is happening, since side effects of methyl folate include headache and migraine, makes logical step that the next step...
  18. M

Methylation Panel results, any advices?

Do you know whether you have enough Lithium on board ? It should show on your Hair Analysis... Depending which lab you used. Some people with MTR/MTRR mutations dump their Lithium into the urine and their levels are very, very low. Lithium is needed to get B12 and Folate into the cells.
  19. M

23andme discounts

Anyone know if a family of 4 can ship samples to 23andme in one package and save on the shipping cost ? Do they do discounts at all?
  20. M

23andme for a family of 4

Anyone know if a family of 4 can ship samples to 23andme in one package and save on the shipping cost ? Do they do discounts at all?
  21. M

Start Up symptoms from Mag, B6 and Zinc?

That is a lot of Zinc to be taking. If your Zinc was originally very low, then your Copper might have been high as a result. When you add in high Zinc, the balance changes and Copper is dumped...... Some people get very strong symptoms from this. Also Zinc displaces Heavy Metals.... So there...
  22. M

Methylfolate and mercury detoxing

Thanks...... I have some MCP but have lost the habit of using it recently...will start again !
  23. M

I have definitely had major issues with Potassium, Zinc and Magnesium being low as a result of start-up........ Now what about Manganese? I have tested low for this and understand it can also be an issue.......anyone know? And what would be symptoms attributed to low Mn?
  24. M

As I have started to ramp up my Methylation processes and am dumping metals,I started to get white spots again on my Nails....for me this indicates Zinc deficiency, so have upped the Zinc to 50mg per day..... This produced and even greater metal dump, as Zinc displaces Lead, and is needed for...
  25. M

Definitely Lead.....same taste I got when I did EDTA chelation IV....gave a VERY strong taste. I stripped a whole house full of old paint with a Hot Air gun""........... I know that is where th e lead came from back then. But I also do have Mercury as well, so am doing some DMSA at the moment. I...
  26. M

What is the "certain order" that the metals come out in ? Dumping Heavy metals has been the biggest problem for me with starting up the methylation process. 2 years in, and I still cannot take more than 200mcg of methyl folate. 30 minutes after taking that I get the metallic taste in my mouth...
  27. M

A post-methylfolate experience

If you have done the 23andme test done, do you know if you have the CBS gene defects? This is involved in the Transulphuration pathway and is an UPregulation..... The pathway will move faster than it should. B6 is a cofactor for CBS, so maybe this is what happened with you ? Just theorizing !
  28. M

Help with Lab results

Do you know what your Homocysteine levels is ? If it is low it might be an indication the your CBS pathway is up regulated.
  29. M

Help with Lab results

Have you had a FULL Iron panel done......Serum Iron, Ferritin, TIBC, Transferrin Saturation ? What ethnic background are you ? I am wondering about Hemochromatosis as a cause of some of your symptoms.
  30. M

B12 for probably non-ME/CFS symptoms

Do you know what your B12, Folate, Ferritin and MCV levels are ? Might be some clues there.