• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. Jools

Probiotics - how do you get the widest variety of good bacteria?

Hello Jonny, My father in law is a chemist and I once watched him vacuum freeze dry cosmetic compounds to turn them into a powder for shipping. It appears that the same technique has been applied for putting this probiotic into a powdered form and research shows it still remains viable (in fact...
  2. Jools

Hi Jonny, the paper showed some dramatic change in the gut flora of the FD group and what a relief and potential stabilising addition for them.To be honest my upper gut doesn’t cause me any issues and I take LG21 as purely a preventative measure. In that sense, it keeps issues at bay. My lower...
  3. Jools

Here's an example of something I try to have once a week. From the far left. 1. The drink is a mix of Caspian Sea/Matsoni yoghurt with the mini LG21 bottle and a lactoferrin bottle. I squirt a couple of teaspoons of sweet sugar beet Oligosaccharide as a prebiotic. 2. Above that is a bit of...
  4. Jools

Hi Pam, we share a similar pattern in that if I catch a cold I can feel bowel tenderness and bloating which doesn’t really relent until the cold begins to subside. It used to make me feel really really rotten but I can definitely see a continual improvement. In fact, I am at the stage where my...
  5. Jools

Very interesting and a useful delivery method if they can survive the stomach acid and bypass enzymes until they potentially begin coming out of hibernation further down. I was looking at more on ncbi and saw B. subtilis can spore. I often use the B. subtilis natto strain as it naturally...
  6. Jools

Hello Jonny, sorry for the slow response. I’ve done some checking and haven’t been able to find any other version of LG21 beyond a yoghurt carton and drink version. This specific strain seems to be patented by Meiji Company and they’re holding on to it in these two formats. I checked Rakuten...
  7. Jools

Daily Vote To Help Nat'l ME/FM Action Network Win $2,000!

The National ME/FM Action Network posted they were notified that they won $2000 in the Karma Contest. The Fibromyalgia Support Group of Winnipeg also received notice that they won as well. :cake: and :mug: all round.
  8. Jools

:music::whistle::star:9352:star:
  9. Jools

Daily Vote To Help Waterloo Wellington ME Assoc. Win $2,000!

http://www.karmacanada.ca/contest/organizations/waterloo-wellington-myalgic-encephalomyelitis-association/?search=Ken+Nightingale :rolleyes: Direct Linky as it's a spam fest in there. 697 Votes
  10. Jools

:balloons:7722 Votes
  11. Jools

:thumbsup:7557:hug:
  12. Jools

:balloons:6833 votes!
  13. Jools

:eek:6386:woot: http://www.karmacanada.ca/contest/organizations/national-mefm-action-network/?search=Helen
  14. Jools

Foggy's World Tour - Raising Awareness and Fundraising

Thanks for posting Bob. The interview helped top up the total a little to £6,027.54 (exc gift aid) and total mileage was 197,855 miles. Sally will keep the donations page live for another month and then plan something new! :)
  15. Jools

:balloons:4700:redface: http://www.karmacanada.ca/contest/organizations/national-mefm-action-network/?search=Helen
  16. Jools

Foggy's World Tour - Raising Awareness and Fundraising

Foggy is abseiling down the Spinnaker Tower for the ME Association on July 5th. It will be very near to the end of his World Tour. I'm unable to donate to the forums as PayPal won't accept it based on my region so I put a token gesture here instead on behalf of Phoenix Rising...
  17. Jools

3568 Votes and 2999 for Helen.
  18. Jools

:balloons:3005:balloons: