• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. cigana

How carnivore diet relates to treatment

Fish is high in histamines, unless it's fresh (it has to be very very fresh). Histamines often cause headaches..
  2. cigana

Anyone else feel the worst first thing in the morning?

Spikes in heart rate during the night is a sign of sleep disorders like UARS and sleep apnea, and is in fact one of the ways of diagnosing these diseases. They are very common disorders in PWME, and can cause dreadful daytime fatigue and brainfog.
  3. cigana

Anyone else feel the worst first thing in the morning?

Feeling worse in the morning can be a symptom of sleep apnea or UARS, both of which can be difficult to diagnose correctly. A hospital sleep study which measures RERA's is the best way.
  4. cigana

Carnivore diet reduces bloating

I tried the carnivore diet for 8 weeks and it has substantially reduced my bloating. After more than a decade of trying things, including low-carb, this is the only thing that has worked to reduce bloating.
  5. cigana

How carnivore diet relates to treatment

I tied the carnivore diet (only eating animal) for 8 weeks. It didn't affect my fatigue much, but there was one surprising benefit that relates to treatment. Supplements/medication that would normally make me feel tired no longer did. So it might enable some of you to tolerate supplements you...
  6. cigana

Does Anyone Else Wake Every 1.5 hrs?

This doctor claims waking every 90 minutes is related to a narrow anatomical airway (which is what UARS is): https://doctorstevenpark.com/why-do-some-insomniacs-keep-waking-up-at-the-same-time
  7. cigana

Is your sleep refreshing if you avoid proline, or does proline avoidance simply stop you from waking? People with UARS often have lots of bizarre sleep issues that don't fit standard patterns, certain things / avoidance of things can make them "sleep" (ie. not wake) but that doesn't fix the...
  8. cigana

Have you been tested for sleep apnea and UARS?
  9. cigana

I was cured with GCMAF

@Shanti1 I wish you good luck with the Saisei GC-MAF but I have to say for me it didn't work, only the original UK brand worked.
  10. cigana

Mold toxins: Would I need to move homes or cities?

You might find this book on the subject helpful: https://www.drmyhill.co.uk/wiki/File:Mold-avoidance-manual-final.pdf It's very hard to say what you need to do because everyone is different, either mold is a minor thing for you, or it is the cause of all your illness...tough to say.
  11. cigana

Incredible improvements with Helminthic Therapy

I'm using HDC for the past few months. After each dose, it gives a big reduction in symptoms for about 1-2 days, then I'm back to normal (normal ill). I'm up to 100HDC every two weeks. I was on NA for about 1-1.5 years, similar story.
  12. cigana

Outdoor toxins of particular relevance to mold illness patients

Haha, not at all :) https://helminthictherapywiki.org/wiki/index.php/Helminthic_therapy_personal_stories
  13. cigana

Thymosin Alpha 1

FYI I am responding very well to nasal BPC. It is possible that sub-q injection doesn't get the BPC to where it needs to go.
  14. cigana

Have you tried helminth therapy for allergies? I get a very good, albeit very short lived, response to helminths.
  15. cigana

I'm currently having a good response to intranasal BPC-157, similar in power to the location effect. Have you guys tried that?
  16. cigana

Interesting, I assumed he avoided Tahoe ever since, so that's good to know. I felt "cured" in Tahoma, which is an area on the California side, mostly with log cabins along the side roads, in a wooded area near the shore.
  17. cigana

Interesting. I first became ill, suddenly, on the first day of a trip to San Francisco (my first visit). Since then, I've found my symptoms are uniformly bad in most places, but in a few exceptions I go into rapid remission: Nara, Japan ; the Isle of Wight, UK ; some other parts of the...
  18. cigana

Comment by 'cigana' in 'Connecting the dots ... Is ME/CFS a complex fungal intolerance? (part 3)'

"Or overgrowth coming back to the small intestine from further down the digestive tract." That sounds like it would be consistent with some of the dramatic improvements (and subsequent relapses) after fecal transplant.
  19. cigana

Good reaction to Cellfood- may be oxygenating the body, helping immune system; apparently boosted thyroid & now helping stroke patient

That's interesting, I do remember when I tried it, I *thought* it did something positive but I never paid much attention. It could be worth me trying again.
  20. cigana

Significant improvement on MitoQ

I would presume so but I don't have any direct evidence from my personal experience, all I remember is that it gave me a boost in the same way the tablet form did.
  21. cigana

Significant improvement on MitoQ

Nice find, Hip! I'll plan to try this. I would note that the MitoQ skin cream worked as well (if not better than) the tablet form.
  22. cigana

Poll for SEIDs patients who had nagalase testing

My levels were initially high but became normal after long course of abx.
  23. cigana

Has anyone tried either Rerum or Imuno ("new forms" of GcMAF)? I need advice

I tried Imuno, it didn't help me (the original gc-maf did).
  24. cigana

D-Lactic Acidosis in CFS

I tried every mental strategy known to man to help me sleep more but none worked. Probiotics on the other hand give me an extra 2hrs sleep guaranteed.
  25. cigana

Psychedelics and Immunomodulation: Novel Approaches and Therapeutic Opportunities

I found another two users who report significant improvement from DMT (I don't think these testimonies have been posted here on PR yet): https://www.dmt-nexus.me/forum/default.aspx?g=posts&t=68949
  26. cigana

Improvement of severe ME/CFS following surgical treatment of cervical spinal stenosis

This is my latest line of thinking too, good to know there are others.
  27. cigana

The clinical value of cytokines in chronic fatigue syndrome.

Once I got excellent results (practically instant cure) from high dose amoxicillin, though that was not maintained. I'm working now on the theory the inflammation is caused by spinal issues. It's early days but some minor improvements from spinal manipulation have very similar effects to those...
  28. cigana

Yes, every COX inhibitor I could get my hands on. The only one that helps is ibuprofen.
  29. cigana

Anecdotal: my prostaglandins are consistently elevated.