• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. E

Any methylation-friendly docs in Raleigh-Durham?

Anyone know of any docs in the Raleigh-Durham area that are familiar with methylation?
  2. E

Freddd protocol 2014 Cliff Notes

Thanks Phred, I'll be sure and take my zinc.
  3. E

For the multi B I've been using Douglas Labs B-Complex with Metafolin and Intrinsic Factor. Works well for me combined with Perque hydroxycobalamin. I feel better right away and get a metallic taste in my mouth that I assume means I'm detoxing (and I take a handful of cracked cell wall chlorella...
  4. E

Wow Richard, that's a lot of work you've done for your friend. Speaking of schedules I've been meaning to make up a simple daily supps schedule that I can put up on the fridge so I don't flake out on my afternoon doses (and missing doses makes it harder to remember to take them-haha).
  5. E

bone broths

I've found that a pressure cooker is sooo much better than a slow cooker. It's much faster and since it's sealed the odor isn't a problem. The best part is that the pressure cooker does a much better job-makes it very easy to make broth that jells. In addition to chicken wings oxtail is very...
  6. E

Sulfur urine strips

I got them off Amazon, just be sure not to get sulfite by mistake. If I eat the SAD I'm off the charts. Just starting to work on treating it.
  7. E

Many of us here I think are having trouble wrapping our heads around the info that's spread over many threads and the recommendations have changed over time. I've attempted to condense the latest discussions down to just what someone with brain fog :) would need to know to get started. If I've...
  8. E

What brand of pregnenolone is best?

My impression is that taking preg with some kind of oil helps with absorption. I could be wrong about that tho.
  9. E

How much melatonin do you all take?

I've taken 1.5mg for years. With the snps I have I'm curious whether it might be good to bump my dose up a bit.
  10. E

What brand of pregnenolone is best?

I went through a bottle of micronized lipid matrix preg and it didn't help me feel any better and didn't do a lot to raise my levels. If you go that route you might try taking it with omega 3 or some other oil.
  11. E

COMT, VDR and Dopamine?

Thanks so much for all the responses Valentijn!
  12. E

COMT, VDR and Dopamine?

I am: COMT V158M AA (++) COMT H62H TT (++) VDR Taq AA I have had issues with low dopamine... do these snps seem to be consistent with that?
  13. E

CBS C699T AA?

And should I just ignore VDR Taq AA?
  14. E

CBS C699T AA?

Genetic Genie reports that I have this snp. I have read here that it is "reported backwards" but I don't know what that means. What is the recommended treatment on this?
  15. E

23andme results

Just realized I also have gs224 associated with possible BH4 deficiency which affects dopamine, serotonin, melatonin and thyroxine. I'm wondering if I should bump up my melatonin supplementation?
  16. E

23andme results

I've been taking one/day of Douglas B-Complex with Metafolin and Intrinsic Factor. It has: Thiamine HCL 50mg Riboflavin-5-Phosphate 20mg Niacinamide 50mg P-5-P 20mg Metafolin 400mcg Methyl B12 500mcg Biotin 300mcg Pantethine...
  17. E

23andme results

COMT V158M ++ COMT H62H ++ VDR Taq ++ MAO-A R297R ++ CBS C699T ++ MTHR X677T +- MTR A2756G +- BHMT-08 +- SHMT1 C1420T +- Any comments would be much appreciated.
  18. E

Glutamine possibly wreaking havoc and dealing with leaky gut

Sorry for all you are going through. You might try replacing the glutamine with colostrum. Ever tried mastic gum for the stomach issues?
  19. E

New here and new to methylation protocol

I definitely have leaky gut. This week I've been having smoothies for breakfast with raw, pastured colostrum, which is supposed to be great for healing this condition. The plan is to stick with GAPS or paleo the rest of the day. Unfortunately I've had trouble with this due to issues with focus...
  20. E

So the first two days I really responded but I also had wicked achilles tendonitis, normal walking would give occasional sharp pains that felt like the tendon was tearing. I've had this before and recognize it as a detox symptom. Today everything is back to "normal" whatever that is. I...
  21. E

I've been lurking here for a while but this is my first post. I've been dealing with diagnosed adrenal fatigue for a few years now without a lot of progress. My progression of symptoms looks something like this: diagnosed with mild dyspraxia in kindergarten, severe allergies in childhood, poor...