• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. H

Yasko says no support needed for -/- SUOX but heartfixer does support, why??

Thank you Caledonia. I was kind of hoping Yasko was right and that I had something good going on there. If my urine amino acids and my urine elements will just come back I'll feel like I can move forward safely. Lithium and Taurine are my main concerns so want to know where I stand there...
  2. H

Valentijn, Do you still give your opinion about people's SNP's?? I'd love to hear what you suggest after looking at mine, considering what you think about some of Yasko's assertions. Amy
  3. H

Got my Yasko results, yay! Caledonia and all you smart folks can you help me??

Caledonia, Do you know why heartfixer says so much that those who are -/- for COMT like me do well on methyl donors when I don't do well with them? I'm sure the answer is right in front of me but I just can't see it. I know that the CBS +/+ makes a difference but when I read the heartfixer...
  4. H

What's the deal with SUOX? Yasko says I don't need to do anything but according to Heartfixer if you are SUOX -/- then you have the bad version because it is reported backwards. I apologize if this has been discussed before. Amy
  5. H

Caledonia, I am so thankful for all of this information you have provided me!! It is all awesome!! Did you go through heartfixer for a consultation or did you read the info there and do it all on your own? I have traditionally had a problem with probiotics so had to quit taking them. I had...
  6. H

Only two shockers for me with my results. I am totally negative for any COMT. The second is that I am CBS +/+. I was expecting one plus, but not the two. :-(. So, here is the list of positives. . . VDR Taq Tt VDR Fok Ff MAO A +/- MTHFR C677T +/- MTR...
  7. H

Sample did not yield sufficient quantities of DNA

It happened to me. I sent in a second sample. Same thing. They refunded my money. I had to do Yasko
  8. H

Hair Analysis question

Thank you for this article invisiblejungle. It answered all my questions!
  9. H

Hair Analysis question

I have the Doctor's Data hair elements test in hand. Ordered it from Yasko's testing site. Not sure what kind of hair to send. I see that you can choose the hair on your head or the other hair, from down below (trying to be tactful here). The hair on my head is color-treated but I can wait a...
  10. H

23and me couldn't find enough DNA in my saliva ! Anyone else?

Funny about the sip of water! I hope he can get some DNA into his sample this second time. My second time around I rubbed my cheeks on the outside which rubbed my cheeks against my teeth on the inside. I was SURE the second time would get some DNA. I wonder if it "means" anything that there...
  11. H

23and me couldn't find enough DNA in my saliva ! Anyone else?

Well, darn it, I've had to spring for the $500 to have Yasko's meth DNA testing. I sent two separate samples in to 23andme but no luck with the salivary DNA. I will have to say that 23and me was very good about this and sent the second kit for free and then refunded my money for the original...
  12. H

Did great on gaba then felt horrible. Opinions about why?

Started GABA and felt so relaxed it was amazing. I have POTS and this lowered my heartrate and I felt really good. I had a clearer head. My memory was better. My energy was better. I was only taking 425mg a day in at least 4 divided doses (taking the powder out of the capsule and putting it...
  13. H

D-ribose - can it make you feel bad?

I can't take it. It makes me feel that fake hypoglycemic way (having hypo symptoms without actual low blood glucose). I have the fake hypoglycemia symptoms anyway so no D-Ribose for me.
  14. H

Does brain fog ever go away with treatment?

Just want to add that the RN I see for my low testosterone says she has been seeing folks that are still not feeling as good as they should be even with T3, T4, and RT3 in the "normal" range. She has been working with them on Iodine supplementation and is getting good results. She gave me all...
  15. H

Any CFS Docs in Ft. Worth/Dallas area? If not, near Texas will work!

So happy for you that you are getting good results. That is the kind of dr. I want. Thank you so much for the recommendation.
  16. H

Thank you!! Also, can you provide any reasons for your recommendation? Personal experience??
  17. H

I'd travel if they would be willing to communicate with and keep up with me and any side-effects/problems between visits AND they have a good track record of getting good outcomes. No sanctions by the medical board either!!
  18. H

I can't seem to find a CFS doctor near where I live. If no one knows of any in the Ft. Worth/Dallas area I'd be willing to travel to a state close to Texas. Thanks!
  19. H

If you have Cold Hands & Cold Feet, what helps?

Supplementing with Cortisol has helped my hands and feet. The prescription hydrocortisone is too strong for me so I just take Isocort, a little bit as I need it. Too much will make me tachy. I buy it on Amazon. It is a plant-based Cortisol and is gentler than the RX stuff. It also helps...
  20. H

Anyone Like Me In The Morning?

If I haven't eaten anything before bed, like last night, I wake up really hypoglycemic, and probably with low blood volume. I have to eat something ASAP and drink salty water or I am in for a hard, hard time. My HR this morning was at least 160 if not higher. I also took a Zebeta, which helps...
  21. H

Tachycardia -- What are effective treatments?

I have a dx of POTS and my electrophysiologist (the kind of cardiologist you need for POTS) put me on Zebeta and it is wonderful for calming my HR. It is given to performers sometimes so they can calm down during performances. It's been around a long time so I feel safe taking it. I only take it...