• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. M

magicskyjuice

2. M

Medications in Australia for OI/POTS

This is a my attempt at a summary of medications available in Australia for OI/POTS. Contributions and corrections are welcome. Beta Blocker atenolol Summary: You might have to try this first even if others are more effective Mechanism: selective beta-blocker Usually prescribed for...
  3. M

Best antidepressant for sleep?

What non-medicinal steps have you tried, if I may ask? All the meds in the world won't do any good if you're not practicing good sleep hygiene (pitch black bedroom, gentle music, no caffeine after 4pm, etc etc) Have you tried melatonin? it's OTC and has very few side effects if it works for...
  4. M

Nuvigil (Armodafilnil) - anyone taking? experiences?

I've only taken Modafinil (the racemic off-patent version that you're taking) for a few days, but I like it. It helps with concentration and focus without the edginess of other stimulants. 100mg once a day in the morning . Since it's so expensive, see if your doc will prescribe 200mg tablets and...