• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. basking shark

Omega point of CFS (warning, may trigger)

Yes, I have had such relapses myself and my parents say " but that (the relapse-causing event) was years ago!" which is kind of the point :(
  2. basking shark

Yes, I have had such relapses myself and my parents say " but that (the relapse-causing ago event) was years !" which is kind of the point :(
  3. basking shark

Thanks for your replies everyone. I guess that ^ is part of my question: has anyone died from exhaustion as a result of CFS or do we just deteriorate and relapse? Can a healthy person die of plain exhaustion and is it the same way as a CFS sufferer but just a different order of magnitude?
  4. basking shark

Is there an omega point to CFS/ME? By this I mean, if I reach what I believe to be the limit of my endurance and beyond, suffer unprecedented tiredness, and *then* have to get up and do more, what happens? And if I then have to get up and do *more*? I'm asking because I may have had a seizure...