• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. K

VDR Bsm +/+ Vitamin D toxicity

Sorry no I don't but I know I have read this recently again. I just cant tolerate Vit D, maybe the dose is too high for me. Still on a journey looking for the cause of my problems. I know I have adrenal fatigue proven on saliva stress testing but cannot pin point the cause of this. I am seeing...
  2. K

So confusing- where to start

I think my doctor runs on her own normal levels even at 13.4 ng/ml she wouldn't supplement me. I immediately bought high dose D3 5000IU which I have taken on and off since then. I haven't taken it for a few days and the muscle aches are going, so I must be sensitive to it. Will have to rely on...
  3. K

Great thanks. I'm going to leave of the vitamin D for now as it makes me sick and concentrate on everything else first.
  4. K

So no need to worry about vitamin D then?
  5. K

Just googled this and found links with hashimoto's patients of which I am not being able to process vitamin D.
  6. K

I am Homozygous for VDR Bsm my vitamin D is 24 ng/ml (April 2013) was 13.4 at lowest. I recently restarted vitamin D supplements 5000 iu daily but am having strange symptoms start again. I am not sure if it is because I haven't had any B12 recently and that is low also. I am nauseous, lost...
  7. K

I'm having my fillings out on Friday, yippee! I've only got three small ones so he is doing them all together. I avoided all breads, biscuits, pasta, cows milk and cheese for a week and just felt worse. So am back on gluten free diet with above gluten free. Think I am having B12 deficiency...
  8. K

Thanks everyone for your thoughts/ideas. I had read that gluten can cause problems with thyroid etc and that's when i tried going gluten free and it actually worked quite quickly. I was tested for coeliacs disease but had been off gluten for two weeks at that point and therefore the test was...
  9. K

Yes I have Hashi's but normal TFT's except one where my TSH was 9.4. I agree staying completely GF is very hard but I do my best. I know when I have been glutened as my thyroid swells visibly. The thing I hate most is that you just cant eat out, I am in the UK and have yet to eat out and not be...
  10. K

Thanks, I am only intolerant to gluten I appear to be ok with other foods. Gluten causes my thyroid to swell within 24 hours. I have been gluten free since Nov last year when I realized this, have had the occasional slip up when eating out which always causes the reaction I described above. I...
  11. K

Hello I'm new here. I have been really unwell for about 8 months and on/off for a year in total. Symptoms are extensive - fatigue, brain fog, blurred vision,numbness tingling in face, arms and legs. Joint pains, stiffness, fevers, twitching, restless legs, insomnia, vertigo, lethargy, metallic...