• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. S

Active or Inactive Virus?

High IgG viral titers are usually indicative of a fairly recent past infection. High IgM viral titers are usually indicative of a current infection. You do not indicate if your viral titers are IgM or IgG, so it is hard to say which you are dealing with. What did your doc say?
  2. S

Taking Buhner and Cowden Herbs but don't Herx

Kiddos Coxsackie A all were IGG 1:1600 and IGM 1:160 before we started the herbs. Five months after the herbs, her Coxsackie IGMs are all negative. Her HHV-6 was 10.71, now it is 4.54. That, and the fact that her energy and mood have improved a lot makes me think the EBV is on its way down...
  3. S

Taking Buhner and Cowden Herbs but don't Herx

What virus are you trying to treat? We have been using Buhner's EBV protocol for kiddo and it has provided good results for her Coxsackie, HHV-6 and her energy and moods have improved greatly. Her EBV is still above 600, but if it was say 2000 when we started, it will take a while to get...
  4. S

Commonly available natural antivirals -- any besides garlic/coconut oil?

I used the lomotium steadily for a few months, then decided to pulse it. I worry about her liver. I am giving the licorice and lomotium in the same month, and the isatis in next month. She asks me now every day if we can go outside to walk around, play or help daddy work (depending on if...
  5. S

Commonly available natural antivirals -- any besides garlic/coconut oil?

We are using Buhner's antiviral protocol for EBV and we are having great results so far (6 months in). I bought bulk powdered herbs so I can make my own capsules, and the cut and sifter herbs to make my own tinctures. This is saving me an a lot of money. My 12 year olds HHV-6 numbers dropped...
  6. S

Do antivirals interfere with the effectiveness of a flu shot?

Flu-mist is a live vaccine and is usually only given to children and those at high risk who are severely "needle phobic." As far as I know, all injections are the "killed" virus.
  7. S

Coxsackie A7, A16, A24 now negative and HHV-6 is half :D

If you need more info than Hip provided a post or two ago, then check with hip on that one as I have not done any research on this.
  8. S

Kiddo is also positive for Coxsackie B-4 and b-6, but the doc forgot to retest those this round of blood work. We will check up on those soon.
  9. S

Sweetie, Daddy and Mommy are going to the state fair tomorrow :) We are usually there from 11am to 9-10pm, so long as she can handle it. We take breaks and pack good food to eat rather than the expensive "food" usually offered. That helps her a lot to refuel properly. I am thinking she will...
  10. S

We just started the mino about 10 days ago, so just a few days before the blood draw. We have used the EBV protocol for 4 months at full doses and 1 month of titrating up. It took me almost 4 months to get her off the zith and augmentin. I am going to have go with it is the protocol since...
  11. S

Plant Antivirals

We addressed parasites with a Black Walnut complex, mebendazole and albendazole....so likely (hopefully) we are good there. I just posted an update on kiddos titers and overall well being. We have not tried EO yet, but might if I cannot get her EBV down with what we are using. I am willing to...
  12. S

Plant Antivirals

On 4-7-14 kiddos lab results were: Coxsackie A7 1:160 Neg <1:10 Coxsackie A16 1:160 Neg <1:10 Coxsackie A24 1:160 Neg <1:10 HHV-6 10.54 positive > 0.99 EBV >600 positive > 21.9 On 9-26-14 Kiddos labs were: Coxsackie A7 Negative Neg <1:10 Coxsackie A16 Negative...
  13. S

On 4-7-14 kiddos lab results were: Coxsackie A7 1:160 Neg <1:10 Coxsackie A16 1:160 Neg <1:10 Coxsackie A24 1:160 Neg <1:10 HHV-6 10.54 positive > 0.99 EBV >600 positive > 21.9 On 9-26-14 Kiddos labs were: Coxsackie A7 Negative Neg <1:10 Coxsackie A16...
  14. S

Plant Antivirals

I kept her on the lomatium and the full protocol until 8-16-14, then I stopped the lomatium, and red root. We are taking a break for now from the lomatium, licorice, and isatis. I adjusted everything to fit within a three times a day dosing. We will likely restart some of this stuff later. I...
  15. S

Plant Antivirals

I think she has a little bit more energy in the last week or two than before. My kiddo is verbally delayed, so it is a bit difficult to ascertain some things from her. She has been sitting on the couch reading books, playing electronic games, or watching TV (movies) for most of the last two...
  16. S

Plant Antivirals

One ml is about 20 drops. So I started her at about 6 drops twice a day, and hope to get her up to 10 drops 4-5 times a day. This is about half the adult maintenance dose Buhner recommends. I have no idea how long it will take, I am going to gauge based on how she seems to feel over time.
  17. S

Plant Antivirals

I started her out on about 1/3 of a ml two times a day and we are up to 1/3 of a ml three times a day. Now, I am adding a few drops to one of the doses every couple days. My goal is to get up to 1/2 a ml five times a day. I am putting the liquid in an empty capsule. We are going extra slow...
  18. S

Plant Antivirals

Still no rash. We also started concentrated ginger juice tincture. I simmered 10 oz of Ginger juice tincture down to just under 2 ounces and I am putting that in capsules. She is still having small bouts of herxing, but almost completely out of the woods I suspect. It is definitely...
  19. S

Plant Antivirals

Knock on wood, I believe we are on the other side of herxing. Just over an hour past her morning dose (she slept in :D) and no vocal tic or emotional lability. I will be increasing the lomatium very slowly and will likely not increase it until after the 4th except maybe in micro increases. I...
  20. S

Plant Antivirals

From what I have read, most the herbs I am giving her work better together than isolated for the greater cause, eradicating viruses and supporting the immune system. I gather someone might do okay only using some of Buhner's protocol, but it may take longer to heal. I decided to almost all...
  21. S

Plant Antivirals

So far today, her herxing has only been mild and it is back to sporadic. She has only been obviously affected a few hours total today. I hope we are on the wind down portion of the herxing so we can get to the feeling better portion soon. I just gave her the 3pm meds about 30 mins ago, and so...
  22. S

Plant Antivirals

Her herxing symptoms are a vocal tic, emotional lability, separation anxiety, etc. Mostly behavioural due to PANDAS. I would not expect these symptoms as a reaction to the herbs. She does have an upset stomach, which could be all kinds of things, so I am watching her for this. Stomach aches...
  23. S

Ginger Juice

The ginger juice itself is spicy/hot to the taste, not just the cayenne. I have not read anywhere that heating the juice affects it one way or the other. I was worried about this as well, but I will just try it and see. The machine I bought is specifically for making tinctures and extracts...
  24. S

Plant Antivirals

Okay, thanks for letting me know :) . I hope you get some relief soon!
  25. S

Plant Antivirals

Day two on lomatium. No rash yet. Her herxing symptoms are worse than they were. They were coming on about 30-45 min after dosing. They were controllable with knotweed and CBD oil. Now they are worse 30-45 min after dosing, but even with knotweed, CBD oil and klonopin, they are not ever...
  26. S

Ginger Juice

My 12 year old daughter is on Buhner's antiviral protocol for EBV. One of the herbs she is supposed to be taking is juiced ginger root (2-4 oz) in 4-6 oz water with1/8 tsp cayenne, some lime and honey drunken 3-6 times a day. She typically does not give me any trouble with meds, but this is...
  27. S

Plant Antivirals

Thank you. I am kiddo's mom. She is a great kid which makes being a parent a whole lot easier. Did the nauropath give their reasoning for holding off? I am trying to learn all I can too, so if they have a concern (other than the mentioned rash), I would love hear it :) .
  28. S

Plant Antivirals

From what I gathered, and I certainly may be wrong----viruses (attached to cells) acquire nutrients and dispel waste through the M2 channel. A cell without a virus attached does not use the M2 channel for nutrients and waste. So the process of stopping the M2 channel will only affect cells...
  29. S

Plant Antivirals

The lomatium unexpectedly came in a few minutes ago, so I am starting her on at 1/2 ml two times a day, then later I will go up to three times a day. The whole ml is an adult dose, so I needed to adjust it still. I will keep you updated. ETA: I can report that 30-45 minutes after I give...
  30. S

Plant Antivirals

The lomatium and rhodiola will not arrive until the 14th or the 16th, so I will have to update on those later. Prayers are greatly appreciated, and I will pray for all suffering with this debilitating condition. Here is hoping everyone here finds the treatment that works best for their...