• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. S

Methyldation Analysis results?

So this is useless essentially and i shouldn't do anything about it?
  2. S

Thanks for the reply. When you say common, do you mean among people w/ cfs or in general?
  3. S

Some help please? I'm pretty desperate to find any kind of whacked out solutions :(
  4. S

So I finally got my 23andme data and eagerly ran it through Genetic Genie. The abundance of red and yellow alarms me. So I did some research, or as much as I could through my brain haze and figured out enough that I need methylated B12 and folate, but not much else that I can do. So am I stuck...
  5. S

Unusual Foods, Amines, Histamine, Oxalate, Salicylates, SCD, GFCF Diet info

thanks, here is the link to their website btw http://www.lowoxalate.info/ and the yahoo group http://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/Trying_Low_Oxalates/info I think the chart I shared is actually from that website. I collected this info a while ago, so I didn't have sources. Except that I took...
  6. S

Unusual Foods, Amines, Histamine, Oxalate, Salicylates, SCD, GFCF Diet info

Hello folks. I have pretty bad food intolerances and have tried many different wonderful ideas which unfortunately did not help me, but maybe this can help you. I am attaching the info I collected on 1) Unusual foods you may not have thought of (highlighted in yellow). This was most helpful...
  7. S

Family and Chronic Fatigue Doctors in Toronto, ON?

Thanks very much all the responses. 20 YEARS? Wow, I am both impressed and saddened. I have been at it for about 3-4 years now, but have started to feel unbearable about 2 years ago due to the cognitive effects and extremely strong feelings of malaise to the point where I think of suicide pretty...
  8. S

Compare Doctor's Data CSA and Genova GI Function Profile

Interesting, I am actually in the process of deciding to take one test or the other, or the Metametrix one. If you took samples at different times that might account for the difference. In that case DD also offers an "x3" version which I think means 3 samples which might offer mopre accuracy...
  9. S

Wow Dufresne, you've been to quite a few docs. Must be quite a hassle. I hope it was worth it in the end.
  10. S

Oh wow, that is a good list, thank you. Who know's maybe it is the stout Canadian beer and cold winters that have protective effects? I searched this forum and one lady that was mentioned was Dr Bested who, when I called some time ago wasn't taking any patients, and now is apparently in...
  11. S

Hello all, I really need some help with my situation. My Family doc is really unsupportive. He literaly told me "I do not know what is wrong with you" and that he doesn't know what to do with me. He is also becoming really cranky and abrasive in dealing with me. He doesn't even talk to me...
  12. S

Genova Intestinal Permeability test interpretation help

Hello all, I am having some digestive issues that keep getting worse. I kept hearing how "leaky gut" can be responsible for the extreme food sensitivities I've been experiencing, leading me to a very restricted diet. I decided to get the Genova Test to hopefully stop spending $100's on "leaky...
  13. S

Genova tests, CDSA vs CDSA 2.0

Thanks Sushi, So with regard to Genova, are these tests worth doing at all, even without the parasitology? How can I get a proper parasitology test done? I looked at the differences between CDSA and CDSA 2, and (Other than the large price differences), here is what I found to be unique (see...
  14. S

Complex Chronic Disease Clinic Appoints Medical Director

Hi Nanou, I was referred to WCH over a year ago, and just had my appointment last week, so prepare for a looong wait. To tell you the truth I was a bit disappointed. The doc spent a fair bit of time with me, but because I was feeling a bit out of it, I don't think I told him everything quite...
  15. S

Genova tests, CDSA vs CDSA 2.0

Hi all, I am new here, but been dealing with chronic fatigue for a while. Among many other symptoms, one of the most prevalent ones is extreme food sensitivity and apparent digesting, and constipation problems. Another issue is that here in Canada, I cannot find anyone who can help me (if you...