• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. shepard515

Could someone help interpret Mono/EBV results?

These are my results. I am considering speaking with my doctor about doing a course of antivirals but don't really know how to read these results. I had mono when i was around 20 years old and i haven't felt the same since. I'm 27 now and it's been really difficult. Symptoms: Fatigue...
  2. shepard515

Methylation - 23andME Genetic Genie Results help

@Freddd Sounds good. Another question... you mentioned you did not think glutathione supplementation was a good idea. The injectable and IV forms I'm getting seem to go a long way in helping my migraines, etc. Is it really a big issue to continue with glutathione if I am noticing benefits...
  3. shepard515

@Freddd Ok, sounds good. I'm currently taking potassium chloride.. not time released just bulk powder form Probably under 2,000mg per day. Just started and plan to up that since I still have muscle spasms, etc. is that an issue? Also, I ordered some magnesium carbonate along with it as I...
  4. shepard515

@Freddd I recently saw how important potassium is and thought it may the reason for extreeme anxiety/mood swings when taking methylfolate. I've begun adding potassium supplements in and think it is benefitting me. However, from what I've read I need to get substantial amounts and...
  5. shepard515

Mucuna Pruriens - Anyone tried it?

I was recently reading up on the mutations in my methylation pathway and the best protocol moving forward when I stumbled on mucuna pruriens in some of Dr Amy Yasko's literature. I've been struggling with severe depression for a number of years (I believe as a result of my methylation being...
  6. shepard515

@Freddd I am currently doing Methyl B12 shots with 100mg of Glutathione every tuesday as well as 800mg of glutathione via IV on Fridays. I also take a daily 1000mcg liquid methyl B12 sublingual. I just ordered some AdoCbl and will be adding that in along with methyfolate.
  7. shepard515

@minkeygirl is the molybdenum helping? @Freddd those were the symptoms I was having prior to methyl B12 and Glutathione. They have been improving since starting that regimen. I plan to begin adding methylfolate this weekend in very small doses. Any thoughts or recommendations? I certainly...
  8. shepard515

Yes. Tests: (1) HOMOCYSTEINE, CARDIOVASCULAR (31789) HOMOCYSTEINE, CARDIOVASCULAR [H] 12.1 umol/L <11.4
  9. shepard515

Gene & VariationrsIDAllelesResult COMT V158Mrs4680AG+/- COMT H62Hrs4633CT+/- COMT P199Prs769224GG-/- VDR Bsmrs1544410CT+/- VDR Taqrs731236AG+/- MAO A R297Rrs6323G-/- ACAT1-02rs3741049GG-/- MTHFR C677Trs1801133AA+/+ MTHFR 03 P39Prs2066470GG-/- MTHFR A1298Crs1801131TT-/- MTR A2756Grs1805087AA-/-...