• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. T

Looking for aromatase deficiency in the raw datas

So, is there really nobody here who knows where i can get my raw datas explained? I know for sure there are some companies like Genetic genie that do that for money, i've read it in this forum years ago somewhere.
  2. T

I've read your link. It's an odd coincidence but i'm strongly persuaded that it was Fluoxetine that in 2006 caused my estradiol deficiency because i had all symptoms of estradiol deficiency: it all began with lethargy and cronic fatigue and ginecomastia (wich passed after 2 weeks) and then...
  3. T

Hi, i don't understand why you did that cut/paste job without any explanation and how this would responde to my question. I already know that the gene for congenital aromatase deficiency is CYP19A1 and i know 23andMe tested it but i don't know how to read the results.
  4. T

Hello everybody. I recently discovered that i have a severe deficiency of estradiol and as i did 23andMe test 10 years ago i d need to find a company that can look inside the raw datas to look for aromatase deficiency SNPs as i'm not able to do it myself. Does anybody here knows who can i ask...
  5. T

About MTHFR a1298c and c677t

that's a very clear response. Thank you
  6. T

About MTHFR a1298c and c677t

Hello, i have a question about these two genes: i read that both these SNPs are named that way because if you have the mthfr 1298 with a C instead of a A then you have the bad mutation and if you have the 677 with a T instead of a C too. But when i look into my Genetic Genie panel they say that...
  7. T

anybody knows about MTFR2?

Thank you, i was not able to find it by myself. But there is something which is not clear to me... when they say "Each variant in our Genetic Health Risk and Carrier Status Reports demonstrated >99% accuracy, and each variant also showed >99% reproducibility when tested under different...
  8. T

Where do they say their results are 99% accurate? Can you post the link? Are all SNPs reliable 99% or some are more accurate and other are less (as they wrote to me by mail)?
  9. T

What would be aggressive in the reply? the fact i posted multiple questions?
  10. T

What it s up to me? You had MTHFR tested where? What lab? Have you used 23andMe?
  11. T

I received response from 23andMe: "If you are concerned about a SNP in your raw data that is not included in a report, it may be that this SNP is not performing well. As noted when a customer downloads or searches the Browse Raw Data feature, the feature provides an advanced view of all the...
  12. T

Thanks but there is no way that i pay anybody to have interpretation to raw datas that could be unreliable.
  13. T

On GeneticGenie i don't think i can seek for MTFR2. It says only Methylation and Detox as options.
  14. T

I tried to upload my raw data file to Promethease but it asks me money to see the results...
  15. T

In the testis? Really? That's really interesting because i have possibly testis issues because i became infertile suddently 2 years ago. This could be the reason he thought about that... Can i know where have you found such information on MTFR2? I haven t been able to find much about it, it...
  16. T

Then 23andMe is a scam, if i cannot rely on their results it has no value. I wasted my money 8 years ago
  17. T

My nutritionist doesn t know the SNP, otherwise i would have simply found the result by myself through 23andMe. About the alert: if they say that , doesn t this mean that this genetic test have no value? If i cannot be sure that my condition for that SNP is G/G what value can this test have?
  18. T

Hello. Recently my nutritionist suggested me to test for MTFR2 saying that it has to do with homocysteine. I asked him if he wasn't confusing with MTHFR C677T but he insisted about MTFR2. Now i already made the 23andMe test 8 years ago and there are 4 MTFR2 snps in it but i can't find any...
  19. T

exist there a way to lower shgb?

What injections?
  20. T

Really? Then why my Dr prescribed me to low sperm count? I'm seing that hCG is an hormon too. I won't assume hormones anymore in my life i had enough bad experiences
  21. T

Hello. I suffer from cronic fatigue under the form of lethargy and insomnia issues. Began to suffer of lethargy in 2006, and insomnia in 2009. Recently (1,5 years ago) my sperm suddenly became liquid and very scarce and as i did sperm test it turned out a very low sperm count. No causes were...
  22. T

Anemia of iron deficiency symptoms with apparent normal lab tests

I never done ASLO tests. About me i strongly doubt the only breath problem could disrupt that way my sleep because during the day i don t feel like i can not breath... i feel like i have hypoxia symptoms but my nostrils obstruction is not that bad otherwise i would have sleep apnea and i...
  23. T

Anemia of iron deficiency symptoms with apparent normal lab tests

Hello everybody. I registered in this forum 6 years ago, and explored all about methylation protocols and adrenal fatigue with no success. Now i'm on a new idea about my issues. Just to resume my story: i began to suffer of cronic fatigue in the summer of 2006 when i was 29. A few monthes before...
  24. T

How to read 23andMe raw datas? Help

Sporty please, open your own thread and ask for help there. Sea: variations means anyway that there is a normality and a variation from it ... does polimorphism basically mean that is a variation from normality??
  25. T

Ok i correct myself. Now i understood it. It s not a sequence of 2 nucleotides on the same strand, but the nucleotide (or nucleotides couple) that is in that specific point in each of the two different DNA strands of the two cromosomes. So basically that should mean that for every single...
  26. T

Oh... now i understand. So basically the 2 alleles that characterize a SNP like GG are not the 2 nucleotides joined in the two complementary strands of DNA but are a sequence of 2 nucleotides on the same strand... is it right? Now i understand why i saw in a website that the risk alleles for VDR...
  27. T

hello. Somebody could please help me to understand how to read 23andMe raw datas?? I don't mean Genetic Genie results. as example this is my result for the snp A1298C: MTHFR 11854476 rs1801131 G or T GG...
  28. T

Interesting BHMT and BHMT2 Variations

"What should be done for downregulated BHMT? Supplementing SAMe might seem like an obvious choice, but SAMe regulates BHMT functioning - so if SAMe is high, BHMT will take a vacation. An option mentioned by heartfixer.com is to supplement phosphatidylcholine. No idea if or how that works, but I...
  29. T

Interesting BHMT and BHMT2 Variations

i suppose Valentjin that for support to BHMT you should use Betaine/TMG
  30. T

I understand MTHFR, need help interpreting other mutations

Are you basically better with the supps you re taking now?