• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. K

L-Arginine and Nitric Oxide

Hi all I've been told that L-Arginine is good for male fertility so want to take it (and have been). But I've read a few things saying stuff about nitric oxide/superoxide/peroxnytrite that makes me confused as to whether l-arginine is a brilliant thing for those with MTHFR A1298C or the...
  2. K

23andMe Results - How Best To Interpret?

Thank you so much - and really sorry for delayed acknowledgement, haven't been able to get online for a couple of days to reply. I need to study how to interpret the raw data as it's a bit complicated for me without genetic genie! Will get working on it, this is really, really helpful data...
  3. K

Thanks for the further advice guys, much appreciated as ever. Thankfully, and with full sympathy to everyone on here that does, I don't have ME or CFS either. I certainly had adrenal issues and still get the 'tired and wired' feelings, but the tiredness is definitely improving with methylation...
  4. K

Many thanks guys, really appreciate it My Vitamin D was checked a fair while ago and was very low - about 20something. I was put on a supplement and it went rocketing up quickly and was fine on subsequent tests with the supplement used every now and again but yes, was very low initially...
  5. K

Hi all I posted here once before re some methylation queries and a few people were kind enough to help - I was advised to get 23andMe testing which I've now done and have my results courtesy of Genetic Genie. I've read a LOT of posts on here and the web generally (and my head now hurts) and...
  6. K

MTHFR - appreciate any help please

Thanks too Crux! Your reply came in just as I was replying to Caledonia. B6/P5P in the Biocare B-Plex seems to be fine. P5P on its own made me really tired in the day and then sleepless at night! Really appreciate the help from you guys
  7. K

Thanks very much indeed for this - very interesting. I'm UK based so I haven't done 23andme, just an MTHFR test which I think they had to send away to Holland or Germany to get results for both strains. The Genova MAP test was the closest I got to a deeper test of my metabolism and Krebs cycle...
  8. K

Hi all Hope someone can help please - I posted here once before and the comments were very helpful indeed and I'm very grateful. I have had some issues with adrenals, fatigue, erratic blood sugar and poor digestion, but my reason for posting was blood test with very high folate levels and yet...
  9. K

Basic Methylation Help Please (have read LOTS of posts!)

Thanks so much everyone, really appreciate it. All of the above is really useful. I've certainly stopped the folate and have temporarily stopped the MethylB12 too until I've had an 'active' B12 test and the MTHFR test, which I've now asked for. As you all say, it's a bit confusing as to what's...
  10. K

Basic Methylation Help Please (have read LOTS of posts!)

Hi all Hope someone can help please - I have read lots of posts on here after first hearing about methylation but am a bit wary of just jumping in to a protocol without advice. I must confess I am not an ME/CFS sufferer - although I have had adrenal issues in the past. I am a UK male, 35. I...