• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. C

A flyer for Karina Hansen

Thank you for taking the time and energy to do this. i am going to try printing it as soon as I work up the energy to get to my printer.
  2. C

Petition to ask for a second opinion for Karina Hansen

This is the message that will go out through thunderclap : Sign this petition! Karina Hansen deserves second opinion by an expert #PatientRights #HumanRights #Justice4KarinaH http://thndr.it/1dr8GTf”
  3. C

The message that will go out from thunderclap itself has #HumanRights and #PatientRights. The message is limited to under 140 characters so it could not include much.
  4. C

Love the clapping hands!! Thank you!
  5. C

Please help Karina Hansen, severe ME patient, by signing these petitions! Video link included!

justiceforkarina. webs . com With no spaces though. My mobile device is not cooperating with me. Sorry.
  6. C

Thanks for letting me know. I just tried it again and I did not get a warning. I am not sure what happened there. Thunderclap is a reputable site though.
  7. C

Calling all bloggers! Attention anyone with a social media following! We need your help! On February 12, 2014 Karina Hansen will have been held at Hammel Neurocenter for one year. Our thunderclap is set to release on that day and so far it is reaching over 69,00 people! We hope to have more...
  8. C

Change.org automatically changes the target number.
  9. C

Help for Karina Hansen!!

New article published by ProHealth! Thank you ProHealth. ProHealth published an article about the second opinion campaign. Please take a moment to rate and share it if you can. Thanks!
  10. C

ProHealth has once again stepped up to help and shared an article. Thank them by rating and sharing the article please. Also ask other important ME blogs and sites to share this article. Thanks everyone! http://www.prohealth.com/library/showArticle.cfm?libid=18739&site=articles#discuss
  11. C

Very sad news from Denmark:

Please check out all the new information on Justice for Karina Hansen's facebook page and website. There is a new petition specifically to get her a second opinion. There is also a thunderclap to sign up for. On Feb12 Karina will have been held at Hammel for one year! She needs all of us to help...
  12. C

Thanks for starting this thread and spreading the news!
  13. C

Don't forget to sign up for the thunderclap too. It is set to post on Feb. 12 , exactly one year after Karina was forcibly removed from her home. Please check out all the new information on Justice for Karina Hansen's facebook page and website. thunderclap link: http://thndr.it/1nUTVRm
  14. C

Please help Karina Hansen, severe ME patient, by signing these petitions! Video link included!

Please check out all the new information on Justice for Karina Hansen's facebook page and website. There is a new petition specifically to get her a second opinion. There is also a thunderclap to sign up for. On Feb12 Karina will have been held at Hammel for one year! She needs all of us to help...
  15. C

Help for Karina Hansen!!

16. C

August 8th – Understanding and Remembrance Day for Severe Myalgic Encephalomyelitis

Thank you for sharing this. Thank you also for gathering the resources and links together. I truly appreciate it. And one more thank you for including Karina Hansen. She will have been away from her home for 6 months on August 12th. I hope she can get the help and treatment she deserves. I wish...
  17. C

ProHealth has not published an article about Karina! Let us hope this is the beginning of some of the major blogs and sites sharing info about Karina. I hope Phoenix rising and others will follow suit or share the prohealth article. Here is the link for it. Please let ProHealth know you...
  18. C

I hope this is good news for increasing awareness. ProHealth has shared the first video! I hope to see more from them. Let's let the big ME'CFS sites and bloggers know we appreciate them sharing or that we want them to share this...
  19. C

I am heartbroken when I think of what Karina Hansen is enduring and how it will scar her mentally, physically, and emotionally.
  20. C

. It occured due to being on KM. Ever hear of it? A liquid substance for CFS or people with illnesses that some woman was selling at a support group meeting. It tasted like flowers and burned a hole through my stomach. I have not heard of KM but it definitely sounds like something to stay...
  21. C

Very appropriate. Happy 4th of July. Hopefully Karina will know freedom again and soon!
  22. C

A template for writing Amnesty is being offered now. https://www.facebook.com/notes/justice-for-karina-hansen/template-for-writing-amnesty-international/538051262923002
  23. C

A New Term! - "Bodily Distress Syndrome"

Thanks Esther12. Do revision watch is a great site. I saw where healthcare workers can submit comments as part of the ICD revision process but I was trying to find a way those of us not in healthcare could have a voice in this. I am coming late to this whole discussion but I was hoping to...
  24. C

A New Term! - "Bodily Distress Syndrome"

I am wondering why there is not new information on this thread. Has this discussion moved elsewhere?
  25. C

Thanks and please anyone feel free to join in writing to these groups! :)
  26. C

I do wish to see this story covered by the big Me/CFS blogs. I have written quite a few to ask them to share information on Karina Hansen. I have not written any in Australia though as I am from the US and mainly concentrated on ones based here. The Me/CFS SA org looks like a good place. If...
  27. C

New video out today. Please share!
  28. C

This was posted on J4KH Facebook page so if you know any bloggers that can cover this story please pass this on. Thanks! *********Action request!********* We are looking for bloggers! If you have a blog and are interested in covering the story of Karina Hansen and all that is happening in...
  29. C

For anyone wanting to write a letter to officials in Denmark - there is now a template available that Rebecca Hansen (chairmen of ME association Denmark that is working with Karina Hansen's family) approved. We also Provide the addresses given by Rebecca...