• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. N

COMT (rs6269) +/+

Thanks Star. I actually asked Dr. Yasko about it on her facebook page and she just got back to me. She said it is not an SNP that she has looked at in detail and suggested I post something in her chat groups which I just did! :)
  2. N

COMT (rs6269) +/+

I have COMT (rs6269) +/+. I just started my research and I don't see this variant mentioned by Dr. Yasko or heartfixer.com. Will it make me sensitive to free methyl groups like the other COMT variants?
  3. N

Low Protein Diet

With CBS+ you need to limit ammonia antagonists like a high protein diet.
  4. N

Low Protein Diet

Brenda, thank you so much for the info. I will check out tempeh since it is fermented. I have hypothyroidism so I kind of know what you are going through with the Hashi's. It's weird because I was following Dr. Jack Kruse for a couple of weeks in January and really increased my protein...
  5. N

Low Protein Diet

Thanks for the link Sherlock. I will check it out when I have a few minutes. Brenda, I didn't know rice has arsenic in it! I really am not a fan of rice. I do like quinoa and have been eating it lately. As far as soy is concerned, I can't eat it at all. I was looking at macrobiotic diets and...
  6. N

Low Protein Diet

Has anyone committed to a low protein diet? I strength train and also I'm in menopause. How much will it affect me? I have been eating low protein since I got my DNA results from 23andme over a week ago and I am feeling pretty good. I have followed Paleo and listened to my Naturopath about...