• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. C

Requesting help with treatment for homozygous a1298c

Thanks for the replies, trying to find the right balance of b vitamins seems tricky for me. I seem to have a narrow window between fatigue and feeling too wired, and at least I thought it was the b vitamins but thyroid and dhea are great points to look into. And you are right, Dr. Ben never...
  2. C

Roxie60, thanks for the input, I will definitely evaluate that. What were the doses? As I said I take 7.5mg twice a day and take 500mg of acetyl-L carnitine, about 2mg of dibencozide and 1250mcg of methylcobalamin. Valentijn, Genetic info is relevant to all races but risks are not the same...
  3. C

Caledonia, Thank you for the information, I appreciate it. Federal law ensuring privacy only applies if you are an American and 23andme provides the best information if you are white. What if I am neither? There have been instances of individuals' identity being found out and this may not be...
  4. C

xks201, thank you for the detailed info. I will ask my doctor to check into these tests and see what we find. I am very optimistic we will get this figured out! I am concerned about the 23andme test though for privacy and legal reasons...I will have to think about it and research it some more...
  5. C

Thanks for the replies. I am familiar with the methylation pathway and your video didn't answer my question about the affect on the enzyme in both 677 and 1298, it was very basic. I have read a lot of Dr. Ben's site looking for answers and I have found that he does not think a1298c has an issue...
  6. C

Hello, I am fairly new to this forum and diagnosis, and quite frankly, I am lost, confused and in need of help with treatment. I have found that most research seems to be around the 677 gene, but I am homozygous for the a1298c gene mutation and haven't been able to find definitive answers...