• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. D

NO/ONOO Theory and Treatment

Most of the times, I am in read-only mode but as a parent of a child with autism, I have looked into this a bit. I see a lot of similarities between autism and ME/CFS. I hope it is OK to post. I am just wondering if anyone looked into, - While most of this cycle takes place extramitochondrial...
  2. D

Cytokines in the Cerebrospinal Fluids of Patients with CFS/ME

Regarding sample size, may be its a pilot study. Does anyone find connection with JNK interesting? Anybody using Xeljanz? I ask this because from where I see it, even if you inhibit JNK, you would still need to upregulate IL-10, unless IL-10 levels and JNK levels work via a feedback loop. How...
  3. D

Herbals as an alternative to Xifaxan for SIBO

Just curious, Those herbal preparations mentioned by OP, can you get those without practitioner? If I remember correctly, I checked when the paper came out and I found that I couldn't access them so stocked up on Xifaxan.
  4. D

Genova testing for NY resident

Hello folks, I am a lurker here. My son has autism and I am always here reading up on various issues, since I feel the issues correlate so well. I am about to run CDSA 2.0 with Genova and OAT with The Great Plains Labs. Both the requisition forms mention limitations for NY residents. A couple...
  5. D

Is growing your own probiotic yoghurt possible?

Apologies for resurrecting an old thread. Great thread. Thanks to all those contributed, learned a lot. This post is for Ann (anne_likes_red) to confirm the process of Multaflor yogurt. I have yogourmet and love it. Depending on the culture used for inoculation, I get a wide variety of yogurt...