• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. D

23 and me results. Where to start?

Thank you Valentijn. MAO-A, That would explain why when they put me on ssri's it was a pretty awful experience. I flat out refuse to ever take any of those drugs again. I got bruxism (basically lock jaw) so bad I couldn't open my mouth for several days, and that was from one pill. They tried...
  2. D

My doc is a holistic M.D. and I've been going to him for almost 14 years so I have inadvertently done lots of detoxing over the years. This might be why I didn't get sick on glutathione. Some things I know I can't have are, red dye, yellow dye, aspartame in even the tiniest quantity...
  3. D

I should add that my acetyl l-carnitine supplement also has alpha lipoic acid in it. That's bad right?
  4. D

Hi Caledonia, a good education is what I'm after so thanks for your input. My doc put me on a supplement called "DMG Complete" which contains calcium folinate and methylcobalamin. Over the years I've taken many supplements on my own and right now glutathione is one I've been using for...
  5. D

Thank you Diana. I had no idea that book was free. I had wanted to order it and the dvd/workbook but it was always "out of stock". I went and downloaded it and will start reading it this weekend. What I am looking for is which snp to address first etc. That's what my doc didn't understand. I...
  6. D

I knew a few years ago I had +/+ MTHFR but never got anywhere with it. My doctor didn't think it important to investigate further as we would just methylate me till I was better. Long story short, I'm still not better and struggle with CFS for many years now. Here are my results and I see...