• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. S

Overseas trip, tons of flying, relatives in a different culture -- I'm freaking out!

Well, we're back home -- what a lovely word! Thank God (literally) the trip did not end up being as horrible as I thought it would be in my last post. I spent that whole day just sleeping and reading, and by the time they guys got back from the museum and we ate dinner, I felt good enough to go...
  2. S

Overseas trip, tons of flying, relatives in a different culture -- I'm freaking out!

This trip has turned out to be a nightmare. Forget the CFS, I came down with a urinary tract infection the night before we left. I did get antibiotics for it, but they make me feel horrible, too. Today is my son't 17th birthday and we had all planned to spend the day at the British Museum...
  3. S

Again, thank you to those who have replied! I'm coming to the place where I'm excited about the trip itself -- as long as I can pace myself, like y'all have suggested, and as long as my family is on "my team" as far as helping me be less stressed and get the rest I need. I had a long talk with...
  4. S

I do. Right now I'm taking Corvalen (ribose) 2x daily at 5mg/dose, as well as Acetyl-l-carnitine, Coenzyme Q10, a mutivitamin powder called Emergen-C, a folic acid Rx supplement, B12, and a probiotic called OrthoBiotic. I tried to go shopping today to get some things we need for the trip, and...
  5. S

No, no, Esther, I appreciate the advice! I appreciate all the advice so far, so thank you all for posting it! (I did have to laugh about resting in the Spitfire! There might be an empty mummy case somewhere, too, lol) My CFS isn't to the point where I'm just completely flattened by it (well...
  6. S

My husband planned (very last minute) that our family would fly to Norway to visit his relatives in a couple of weeks. I am so nervous about this, it makes me freak just to think about it all. This has NOT been a good year for me -- lots of sickness (infections), menopause and the CFS all at...
  7. S

CFS turned my spiritual life, and my church world, upside down

My problem is I THINK too much. I'm always wrestling with something in my head. Usually about what a spiritual screw-up I am. Wrestling with the fact that Jesus is supposed to be all about grace, but I grew up in a fairly legalistic setting and really struggle with grace (I believe in it, just...
  8. S

CFS turned my spiritual life, and my church world, upside down

Hi! This is my first post and my first time on this forum. Having a rough day, needed some support, and found this thread. I don't have time right now to post much, but I'm just so glad I did find this thread! I've been a Christian since I was 7, and I'm now 47, so that's a long time! Grew up...