• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. Fogbound

Does anyone else have low ferritin and normal red blood cells?

I've recently been feeling awful, with POTS symptoms and ADHD like cognitive function. My ferritin has been within normal range, but on the low side of normal, so my GP recommended taking a multi-vit with iron. My symptoms are reducing now, but I am going to be assessed for ADHD, because it...
  2. Fogbound

Advice re new diagnosis of hypothyroidism

My symptoms of CFS/ME have improved, but it's hard to say whether it's related to Levothyroxine, or whether lockdown has played a role.
  3. Fogbound

Thanks for your responses. My concern is that having 2 conditions that cause fatigue is going to push my baseline down. As long as the Levothyroxine keeps me at my baseline, I can live with that. Like you mention, it depends on the individual how they respond to the medication, and only time...
  4. Fogbound

I've recently been diagnosed with hypothyroidism as a result of a partial thyroidectomy. I started Levothyroxine yesterday. I've had CFS/ME for about 10 years. Just wondering if anyone else has both conditions, and what impact it's had on functioning, etc.
  5. Fogbound

Rib Cage Pain

All my blood tests were clear. I'm being referred for an endoscopy and to musculoskeletal. It feels like groundhog day - ie there is no medical explanation for the symptoms I am experiencing.
  6. Fogbound

Rib Cage Pain

Thanks to you all. I am having further blood tests next week, including bone profile and nutritional screening. Hopefully this will help get to the bottom of it, or at least rule some things out.
  7. Fogbound

Rib Cage Pain

Thanks to you both for your responses. I don't have any other symptoms, and my CRP is normal, suggesting no inflammation. I guess neither of you think it's related to CFS or fibromyalgia.
  8. Fogbound

Rib Cage Pain

I have had CFS/ME for 10 years, and am lucky enough not to have pain as a symptom (other than migraines). For several months now I have had intermittent rib cage pain. It mainly occurs at night, not every night, but is happening more often. The pain occurs when I lie on my side (either side)...
  9. Fogbound

Hearing Heartbeat Sounds in Ear – Pulsatile Tinnitus

Thanks to everyone for your replies. I’ve been experiencing it intermittently, and I know this might sound silly, but for some time I didn’t realise it was tinnitus and thought it was external noise from outside my home. Initially I only heard it at night, but now it’s becoming more frequent...
  10. Fogbound

Hearing Heartbeat Sounds in Ear – Pulsatile Tinnitus

I have been experiencing pulsatile tinnitus (hearing a sound in my ear which is synchronised with my heartbeat) for approximately 6 months. This is different to usual tinnitus and can have several underlying causes which are usually vascular, but can also be systemic, including thyroid...
  11. Fogbound

Which CFS Symptom Do You Hate the Most?

Cognitive dysfunction. I'm struggling so much just thinking what else to write, so I'll leave it at that!