• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. brightonpiers

Adrenal Fatigue or not?

Yes, I don't see a problem with taking a safe protocol. However I have a bit of a bee in my bonnet about 'adrenal fatigue', especially when mentioned in the same breath as ME/CFS, because we have enough problems as it is with our own credence.
  2. brightonpiers

Adrenal Fatigue or not?

I don't want to get into a thing here, but although I won't argue with your advice given later in your reply, it's definitely misleading to say there are 'conclusive diagnostic tools' for adrenal fatigue.
  3. brightonpiers

Adrenal Fatigue or not?

Weighing in here, I would say that adrenal fatigue leans more toward the quack end of the medical spectrum. Obviously you're right to be doing your own investigations, but you might find this is a dead end.
  4. brightonpiers

Anyone else tried Nimodipine?

I asked my doc to prescribe me this after reading 'Beating Chronic Fatigue' by Kristina Downing Orr. It's a good read but 200 pages of it can be summarised with this one word. I tried the protocol, starting with one quarter of a pill per day, increasing the dose by a quarter pill per week. I...
  5. brightonpiers

Why psychiatry should not get involved...by a psychiatrist

I agree with your comment about the baselessness of psychogenic disorders. It sounds like something that is taken more on faith than evidence. If anyone could explain in a convincing way how a right minded, healthy, ambitious person could simultaneously experience a debilitating condition, then...
  6. brightonpiers

By using the psychogenic inference, psychiatry sets itself up as diagnosis by default, sweeping up the crumbs from under physical medicine's table. Where the cause is medically uncertain, they'll offer the last explanation, and as the final explanation, they won't accept contradiction. You'd...
  7. brightonpiers

Hello, I'm a long time listener, first time caller so to speak. As a UK ME sufferer of 6 years standing, I am particularly galled, as are many, that the psychiatric profession has any input in our illness, let alone the great authority it does have. I had been thinking of writing an essay on...