• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. Philla

CBS success!

happy for your progress ! :) Just wonder if you would care to elaborate on the amounts of manganese and molybdenum you have been taking? Currently considering sulfate strips as a "poor mans" way of measuring Molybdenum needs.
  2. Philla

Stool test confirmed candida,now what?

Hi again, to be honest I have had chronic urticaria intensely from age 16 to age 22, exacerbated by exposure to chlorinated water like in swimming pools. The eruptions were so painful at times my whole skin was burning and itching severely. Due to this I avoided all swimming pools like the...
  3. Philla

Stool test confirmed candida,now what?

Hi Steve/Istvan! I Haven't got time to elaborate very much on this, so it will be kind of abrupt and based on my personal observations. Sorry for your amount of suffering, but it seems like you are on the right track. If anything needs to be clarified, I will of course try to.. Having read...
  4. Philla

CBS Protocol

interesting advice concerning homozygous CBS A360A. Thank you for expressing your clarifying point of view. Let's say that one has additional BHMT mutations (hetero- or homozygous) along with a CBS A360A ++, wouldn't that increase the load down the transsulfuration pathway causing more ammonia...
  5. Philla

Please help me analyze my genetic results

Hi Plasticperson32, being in the same boat myself I am not sure if I can help you out on this one, but your panel does seem to have some similarities with mine (see my lengthy post for more info). I also share the same undermethylator traits (per Pfeiffer/Walsh criteriae). This part also...
  6. Philla

"The heterozygous man" ..seeking answers on 23andme SNP panel

Hmm. My methyl panel won't come up in "view mode" in message for some reason. I therefore provide the data in text format below. + / + MAO A R297R, CBS A360A + / - COMT V158M, COMT H62H, VDR Bsm/Taq, ACAT1-02, MTHFR C677T, MTHFR A1298C, MTR A2756G, MTRR A66G, MTRR R415T, MTRR A664A...
  7. Philla

"The heterozygous man" ..seeking answers on 23andme SNP panel

Hello, my name is Phil and I have been lurking on the forum for a while to gather impressions and experiences from other people challenged with health problems stemming (at least) from inherited polymorphisms in the methylation/transsulfuration pathways. Just to make my gratitude clear, I...