• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. FranzFan

Interpretation of 23andme data put through Sterling's app

Thanks very much! Funnily enough I just ordered a new batch of supplements and have changed brands as you suggest in your post. I read that Fredd's latest advice had changed and changed by order subsequently. Maybe that will make a difference; hopefully it will :-)
  2. FranzFan

Thanks all for your comments. I can see there is no simple explanation for what these results mean (I hadn't really expected there would be!) so I guess the next step will be to book an appointment with a practitioner. I don't suppose anyone can recommend a good practitioner who is able to...
  3. FranzFan

Thanks for your comments. I do feel it's worth highlighting that my glutathione isn't in the normal range (I just said it's almost within the normal range), but even if it was, it would be right at the bottom end of 'normal', which is not where I'd want it to be. Also my glutathione was tested...
  4. FranzFan

Thanks for the tips. Yep I built up over time, starting with around 1600mcg of metafolin and 1000-2000mg of b12 and building up over 3 months or so. In all I've been on the protocol for around 6 months. I also tried Rich Vank's protocol for 6 months prior to that, but it didn't really work for me.
  5. FranzFan

Yeah it's way better right! You need to put your raw 23andme data through the app. You just upload your data here: http://www.mthfrsupport.com/reports-consults/order-reports/ and get a report back like the one I did. It costs $20.
  6. FranzFan

Hi All, I recently put my 23andme data through Sterling's App to try and get a better picture of my polymorphisms. I've had some interpretation of these results with a doctor (who didn't really know enough to help) and by reading Ben Lynch and Amy Yasko; but it's pretty complicated stuff. I...
  7. FranzFan

23andme results are in.. any help interpreting these would be very welcome

Thanks very much for taking the time to reply; your advice is helpful. I do have slightly low vit D levels so am supplementing with 5-10,000 iU, depending on whether it's winter or summer.
  8. FranzFan

23andme results are in.. any help interpreting these would be very welcome

Hi All, I've got my 23andme results back and have attached in below. I have had a look at Genetic Genie's analysis of these, but to be honest I find that my knowledge of SNPs is not good enough to gain full value from what this told me; it's a complex world and I am still learning. Therefore...
  9. FranzFan

Advice sought on how to tweak current methylation protocol...

Thanks for your replies and sound advice. I'm not trying to over-analyse; it's more about trying to work out the next steps I can follow that are most cost-effective. I don't have much money at all and so need to spend it as wisely as possible and so am keen to draw on experience of others who...
  10. FranzFan

Advice sought on how to tweak current methylation protocol...

Hey All, I’m writing to seek a little methylation-related advice. I have been on Rich Vank’s simplified methylation protocol for around 2.5 months now, taking@ - half a tablet of Solgar Metafolin (around 400mg) - half a tablet of folinic acid (around 400mg) -...
  11. FranzFan

Rich Vank's Simplified Methylation Protocol Poll

Hi All. I have been on this protocol for around 6 weeks now, taking metafolin, folinic acid and methyl b-12. I haven't noticed too many changes to how I feel but will persist. Two questions I had, which I couldn't find easy answers to in this thread to date: - Apart from a mulit-vitamin and...
  12. FranzFan

Methylation tests in UK ?

They do, but they request overnight delivery of samples nonetheless
  13. FranzFan

Methylation tests in UK ?

I am in the process of trying to get this test done through ELN. They do need a doctor's signature to get a test kit, and then you will need to find somewhere to draw a blood sample and FedEx it overnight to arrive there the following morning. Finding somewhere to get a blood sample done is the...
  14. FranzFan

Methylation Pathways Panel - drawing own blood for test..

Hi All, I live in the UK and am attempting to have the Methylation Pathways Panel test done, through the European Laboratory of Nutrients. I have received the test kit, but it just contains 3 test tubes, into which I need to insert blood. Therefore I need to organise a private blood draw to...
  15. FranzFan

Methylation in the UK

Thanks Aquarius Did you go via the Netherlands lab, or just straight to the US one? I have heard from some others that the Netherlands lab can be very slow with processing samples, but wondered what your experience was like?
  16. FranzFan

Methylation in the UK

Hi All, I don't think there are answers to the following questions in the forum - I have looked - but apologies if they have been dealt with before.. I am based in the UK and am unsure of the best way to order the Methylation Pathways Panel test.. I have seen that they can be ordered through...