• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. G

Amend Onset Date

Denise, All I know is what my lawyer tells me that my benefits expired 2013. I hope this helps http://www.disabilitysecrets.com/resources/social-security-disability/social-security-basics/date-last-insured.htm
  2. G

Amend Onset Date

Lawyer said: If you amend the onset date to 2013, it is clearly a reduction in the amount of retroactive you will receive and also it will prolong your eligibility for Medicare. However, I do feel that the medical records are at their best as of 2013. Ultimately the decision is yours. It is...
  3. G

Amend Onset Date

I have a complicated issue...going to be try to be as clear as possible. - I have been disabled since 2009 but was unable to consult with appropriate doctors, testing, and treatments all due to crappy insurance and financial limitations. - In 2013, I was finally able to find a supportive...
  4. G

Letters of Support

Hey, thank you guys for the great advice. Judge has still not made a decision. I told my lawyer there are people I was willing to ask to write letters...two professors who knew me. One observed me clinically and in the classroom. I think she was also my advisor and I had gone to her when I was...
  5. G

Letters of Support

I have three days until my SSDI supplemental hearing and am freaking out. I am in the process of asking ppl who have been around me (non-medical professional friends) to write letters of support to send to the ALJ for this Monday. I've never done this before. What important information should be...
  6. G

Online Vigil to Remember Vanessa

Can you login to the Virtual Vigil for Vanessa Li YouTube page and refresh your screen? Is it not showing up for you?
  7. G

You're welcome! Patients should actually create a Google account beforehand to participate in the chat room, which will be located to the right (or underneath) of the memorial service viewing box. Signup here...
  8. G

Jeremy should be opening chat and Comments on YouTube at 1 pm Eastern. There will be a "welcome" message, and then feel free to pay respects.
  9. G

For Virtual Vigil final, detailed information: https://www.facebook.com/events/392632050908413/?ref_newsfeed_story_type=regular Today Feb 18 at 1:00 PM Eastern time. Link to YouTube page: To signup for YouTube, please click here...
  10. G

Susan Levine Patients

Thank you catly, I wasn't clear enough. I meant, should the appointment time take about an hour, two hours, more? Somebody will be taking off from work and needs to know what time to meet me when my appointment is over.
  11. G

Susan Levine Patients

Was wondering if any Dr. Susan Levine patients could please tell me how long to anticipate my first appointment with her so I know how much time to allow? I just called to leave a message and am waiting for a callback. I am trying to schedule another appointment back to back now so thought I'd...
  12. G

Shawn Bean

Is this the bloke? http://www.mthfrsupport.com/reports-consults/shawnbean/
  13. G

Scheduling with Dr. Peterson

Dear Friends, I am very interested in scheduling with Dr. Peterson. However, I had heard he does not support patients applying for disability and it is impossible to get your medical records from him. Does anybody know if this is true or not? I would love to see him but am apprehensive since I...