• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. B

Over Activation of Farnesoid X Receptor In the Ilium Driving Liver and Gut Disharmony

I would have to know more but I feel that most people who have had CFS long term can't take TUDCA right off the bad. Also your diet will be critical to this. If you have a collapsed liver/gallbladder channel then it can actually make things worse. Most are going to need other support before...
  2. B

Over Activation of Farnesoid X Receptor In the Ilium Driving Liver and Gut Disharmony

Can you send me a link to the cream you are taking so I can see what else is in it? It seems that it does increase FXR signaling, when people describe the sensation of being more present I almost always look at CNS and Liver in particular.
  3. B

"It now turns out that androsterone does activate a nuclear receptor: FXR. These data are in line with those from another study reporting that androsterone up-regulates FXR-mediated transactivation in an in vitro cis/trans assay (14). In the present issue, the authors determined also whether the...
  4. B

Oh yeah i'm not telling you to stop using it. I'm going to look into it. I just worry with any long term use of Pro-hormones, I had to mention that. Anything that can assist in digestive function is going to be a positive, this is in essence the core of CFS in many ways. If I were to guess off...
  5. B

What form are you taking the andro? Sounds as though it caused a shift in nervous system activity. It maybe boosting the function of one of your digestive organs. I'm not sure that long term this will continue to be honest. I have not seen great things happen with pro-hormones.
  6. B

I am not familiar with this theory. I am more than happy to look into this. What sort of symptom relief do you experience when taking this?
  7. B

Hey @Hilary I have not written everything out to this point. I am trying to think of the best possible way to deliver what is going to be quite a bit of information. It will happen within the next month most likely on my blog as there are a couple people with access to this account on Phoenix...
  8. B

Bile is only one mechanism involved. There are about 8 steps after this that allow this system of dysfunction to be sustained. I don't think in many cases addressing bile acid is going to heal the condition, at least not by addressing it on its own. People with CFS are going to have a mess when...
  9. B

Does anyone following this entry experience symptomatic relief after ingesting acute alcohol? If so can you please let me know I have a few questions. I am preparing to release another entry that I think will be fairly significant.
  10. B

I don't have much experience with those, so its hard for me to say. I do believe people when they say they derive some benefit. I think once the issue is corrected they won't be necessary. Have you tried them before?
  11. B

Agitation and aggression are hallmarks of liver toxicity. I would say 85-90% of CFS sufferers will not be able to start something like TUDCA right off the bat. It is a part of a later phase and may not be needed all together. This is part of the issue with me releasing out the method to...
  12. B

Another aspect of my method that I am comfortable with putting out there is avoiding refined vegetable oils like the plague. Refined vegetable oils, seed oils, margarine should be avoided by anyone in this situation. Those will make everything much worse.
  13. B

I feel like giving up on life

Have you tried supplementing with Magnesium?
  14. B

I am speaking more to refined sugars, HFCS is a no brainer that stuff is basically poison for the liver as well. Although I think in the beginning stages even sugar from fruits should be limited.
  15. B

This is part of it. Though diet (sugar elimination is massive) you can start to create the proper environment within yourself to be able to tolerate bile acid therapy. Otherwise you may make yourself more vulnerable to having your bile pathways clogged.
  16. B

No I don't recommend ABX. Foundation for tolerating TUDCA has a couple elements, diet being a major player.
  17. B

Unfolded Protein Response and A Possible Treatment for CFS

Oxolates are linked into @mariovitali theory because when bile becomes deficient fats no longer break down efficiently and reach lower levels of the gut where they combine with calcium. This prevents calcium from binding to oxolates and moving them from the system efficiently. They wind up...
  18. B

So what I believe is going on is at a cellular level, which I will write about this week. This initial thing I put out is more to convey the concept of liver and gut miscommunication as a driver of the fatigue. The bile acid is the language in which they speak to each other. The FXR which I...
  19. B

The FXR receptor is actually only a small part of what I think is going overall. There is a deeper level to this which is causing the FXR signaling to become dysfunctional. Even deeper than bile acids or gut dysbiosis. Which are both contributing, but I don't think they are the strongest...
  20. B

The liver and gut are both key players in what sustains the condition. What causes their dysfunction from resolving on their own is much deeper and reaches a cellular level.
  21. B

Taurine would be better option over glycine, I would not supplement glycine. The oxalate issues stem mostly from low bile flow. Since fat isn't being broken down calcium mixes with the fat and this prevents calcium from binding with the oxalates so they are able to do more damage.
  22. B

Its naturalreset.org I am still getting it up and running. I'm new to making a sites.
  23. B

So i'm wondering where peoples interest level is in this still. I am thinking about writing my next article over the next couple days. I am wondering if I go deeper and write about what is happening on a cellular level or if I continue to ease into things more technical. Or if I just write...
  24. B

See this is another major discussion, but it is also significant and needs to happen. If you want more explanation on the porphyrin relationship we can talk. That gets pretty technical. I want to get out another article in the next couple days, was considering this or the Sirt1 & AMPK influence...
  25. B

Yeah has a lot to do with FXR's relationship to the PPAR family in my opinion. This PPAR family is mostly what lead me to the FXR receptor.
  26. B

Yeah cholesterol abnormalities would make sense and I expect many would have that. As for porphyrins, FXR regulates this as well.
  27. B

Again its not just the synthesis of bile, it involves the transport, proper stimulation of the receptors. Even then this doesn't fully account for all disruptions of the FXR receptor which is at the focal point for me. This could even be influenced by Sirt1, AMPK, Low Body temps, p300. This has...
  28. B

With the program (not sure if I can call it a protocol) bacteria being knocked out will be a natural consequence, because we are reversing what allowed it in. But yes, this bacteria and the microbiome needs to be adjusted to restore the harmony.
  29. B

Hey guys I posted the simplified theory on my page. Thanks for any feedback! Part 3 will be more technical. Simplified FXR Gut-Liver Disharmony Theory: Okay, so I have been asked by several people to propose a more stripped down version of my theory. I recognize that I will have some very...
  30. B

It isn't a matter of needing more bile or not. You have to restore the system. FXR does more than influence our bile production it also influences its transporters. Bile transport is as critical if not more critical than the bile production its self.