• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. G

Dental Health: Yet One More Challenge For Those With ME/CFS

Thank you so much Jody for raising this important issue - we live in the UK, my wife, Linda , has Very Severe ME . Linda cannot bear her head to be touched, even lightly, she is in so much agony, so frail that any dental work is likely to lead to a massive exacerbation of her symptoms...
  2. G

Research: Diagnostic classification of ME, CFS and Chronic Fatigue

ME not a syndrome Unfortunately this article seems to be based on the underlying premise that ME is a fatigue syndrome. Actually it is a neurological disease and fatigue is not necessarily an element. It seems fundamentally wrong to me, to place a neurological disease, with multisystem...
  3. G

Project for a serious game on ME/CFS - please send some feedback

From my experience of caring for someone with very severe ME , a game would be surreal , involving mega decisions like whether or not to spend the day in bed or on a chair, how to cope with being touched, but requiring help. How to get to the toilet. It would involve choosing which symptoms to...