• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. greebo

James Coyne to talk in Edinburgh Monday 16 Nov 2015 7pm

Yep. I live in Groningen. And I will make sure I'll go see the PACE tour. Anyone know when Coyne will be in the Netherlands? PS. I'd enjoy meeting @Valentijn too :-)
  2. greebo

Reframing slowing down

@sueami Thanks for the list. I've just put it as wallpaper on my laptop. I'm approaching this from the other side. I've been more or less cured (I was misdiagnosed as having CFS. In fact I had severe B12 deficiency) and I want to keep the slowness and meditativeness of when I was very ill. I...
  3. greebo

Defining recovery in chronic fatigue syndrome: a critical review

I've been ill for thirteen years, probably a lot longer, but I stopped working in 2001. I've been diagnosed with ME/CFS or just CFS three times. I have no idea whether that was the right diagnosis. I think it wasn't. I don't know what illness I have/had, but I do know what recovery is. I have...
  4. greebo

Keeping out the sunlight.

In my bedroom I have this: http://www.kinderwebwinkel.nl/veiligheid/veilig-slapen/dadadark-miyali-sheet which is something like black out sheets you can stick to your window. They cover the entire window, so no gaps at the sides or top. Then I have Venetian blinds over that and thick curtains...
  5. greebo

Getting a new wheelchair

This looks a lot like the leg cover I've been using for years. Before I had that cover I was always freezing in my wheelchair, because a blanket only covers the front of your legs. I even used to walk when I really shouldn't, because I was just too cold. But no more after I bought the leg...
  6. greebo

Medically Unexplained Symptoms - Training for Psychiatrists

One thing I find fascinating is that the concept of "normal" was only created in the nineteenth century. I will attempt to attach a PDF file with an article from Lennard J. Davis, called "Constructing Normalcy". It's scanned from a book and very difficult to read, but I think it shows at least...
  7. greebo

Cognitive testing causes mental exhaustion lasting days

I have that too. Also, when I want something done, a small chore or whatever, I find it much easier to do it myself than to describe the task to my partner...
  8. greebo

clueless......

I've been looking at this website: http://www.medicines.org.uk/guides/sertraline/anxiety to check the side effects of sertraline. It looks like most of the symptoms you mention could be caused by the sertraline. Perhaps a very slow wean could prevent your depression from coming back and cure...