• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. P

Over/Under methylation - how can you tell?

Greetings all, I've been away from the forum for a while. I have never been able to pin point whether I am an over or under methylator. I have or have had characteristics from both symptom lists. I have some MTHFR/MTRR polymorphisms. Does anyone here have advice on how to figure out which...
  2. P

Confused about 23andme results and methylation

Hi Brian, Thanks for responding. Yes I've been treating hypothyroid for many years. I think it is relatively well controlled. Magnesium Citrate, 175 mg and 200 - 600 elemental magnesium daily. I will study the endfatigue link you have provided. In terms of fatigue and low ATP, I am back...
  3. P

Simpliefied and Active Protocols, Paradoxical Folate Deficiency, Metafolin and Balanc

Hi all, Several weeks ago I came across a snippet of a longer treatise @Freddd posted about paradoxical folate deficiency, and now I can't find it. So first question, can someone point me to that page? It was about the various types, and I was most interested in the type where you have skin...
  4. P

What is Methyl Trapping ?

Thanksfor the tip.
  5. P

What is Methyl Trapping ?

Hi Freddd, this is an ultra-late question/hijack, but, regarding this "Group 3 - Induced and/or Paradoxical Folate deficiency or insufficiency" I have a couple of questions: 1. Could air hunger (clear, healthy lungs - no asthma) be a symptom here? 2. Could one have this deficiency or...
  6. P

How to increase motivation with COMT ++?

Beyond, I don't understand. Doesn't Mucuna Pruriens increase dopamine? Is this the thing to do with COMT ++ and MAO -/+ mutations? In the past, I've tended to have high - high-normal dopamine (urine).
  7. P

How to increase motivation with COMT ++?

Hi all, I have lots of ++ COMTs and am wondering how to increase my motivation and focus. Any suggestions?
  8. P

B-12 deficiency possible with normal...

Hi, Is it possible to have a B12 deficiency with normal homocysteine and methylmalonic acid levels? Pam
  9. P

COMT ++, dopamine, motivation and focus

Thanks anyway.
  10. P

Thanks, Marco -- that explains so much. Do you have any suggestions as to what to do to make dopamine transmission more efficient?
  11. P

I am a bit confused. I am COMT V158M ++, COMT H62H ++ and COMT P199P +-, which means I don't break down dopamine very well, nor to I break down cortisol well. That would mean I would tend to have more of each circulating, and therefore would tend to have higher motivation. But I don't. Am I...
  12. P

Thanks, Lotus, for your patience and understanding.
  13. P

23andme results=methylation issues: What do I do now?

Hi, I received my 23andme yasko-ized report and see that I have methylation problems. I am still grappling with understanding the methylation cycle, and I guess I need help figuring out what to do next. Do I consult with a nutritionist? Pam
  14. P

Thanks. I take a lot of Mg already, and I will get right on the hydrox.
  15. P

I am not sure whether it is methylation, or what it is...but maybe. And, I really want to get past this air hunger once and for all. It's been a long time!
  16. P

They stopped peeling a week or two after I started methylcobalamine shots, and then started peeling again a few weeks after that, and I was still taking the shots. I think it may have something to do with how I...what do you call it, methylate?
  17. P

I hadn't been taking methylfolate with the methycobalamine, but have started. One thing I hadn't mentioned was that a couple of months ago when I finally started taking the methylB12 shots consistently, the peeling skin around my fingers and cuticles stopped peeling and heeled...for a few weeks...
  18. P

Lotus, I wasn't DX with CFS/ME -- though with Lyme, babesia, and earlier, with adrenal fatigue and hypothyroid. So though I am not now fatigued per se, it is reasonable to think CFS/ME might be a problem for me. My Krebs cycle, while labs showed it to be normal-ish, was not great (tested more...
  19. P

I am pretty sure I am not B12 deficient, and am not iron deficient. I don't think I have a way of verifying mito dysfunction...interesting. Glutathione deficiency, I've supplemented with that (the really good kind) without relief, but worth considering. Degraded B12, I've wondered about that...
  20. P

PS -- Lyme can very definitely cause psychological issues, as well as all of what you mention above. It is very easily mistaken for lots of other diseases and conditions, and vice versa.
  21. P

My air hunger feels like I can't get enough oxygen, like I am constantly suffocating. Exercising doesn't affect it directly. When it isn't so awfully horrible, I can often get a deep enough breath in that will give me a few seconds of near relief. My heart is good and lungs are clear. In the...
  22. P

No, it is constant, even while I am sleeping.
  23. P

Crux, I take B12 now...though realize now I need to switch to hydroxyl. Potassium...I will give that a try, thanks!!
  24. P

Hi Valentijn, I do take D3 now, as I recently realized I just can't keep from going deficient relying on sunshine and a low dose supp. I can switch back to hydroxyl, and had been on that (sporadically) until the compounding pharmacy ran out of it. -- thanks!
  25. P

Hi all, My personal intro is at the end of this post. I did the 23andme test and ran it through genetic genie with these results: homozygous: COMT V158M COMT H62H MTRR A66G heterozygous: MTHFR A1298C COMT P199P VDR Bsm VDR Taq MAO-A R297R I am not diagnosed with ME/CF, but my primary...