• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. M

Fellow Canadians? I need your help....

Thanks for your reply, Kyle....took me a while to check back here. I will try to contact the docs you suggested. In terms of the RDSP, they will close it down and you have to pay the grants/bonds back (from the pat 10 years I believe) if you don't get approved for the DTC when it is up for...
  2. M

I'm in the process of try to get into the Environmental Health Clinic - but there is a 13 month wait. The tax people that I've talked to don't know anything about actually qualifying for the DTC. Thanks for the suggestions, Kina :)
  3. M

thanks for checking :)
  4. M

i tried calling the old number and it's no longer assigned to anyone. I assume there's a new tenant in her old space with no affiliation to ME/CFS.
  5. M

Hi @Kati, I'm not sure it's the same for everyone, but mine is up for renewal after 4 years. If you've got an open minded GP then maybe you'll be in luck. I have contacted the National MEFM Action Network and Ontario ME association in the past and to be honest they weren't able to offer much...
  6. M

Hoping maybe there are other Canadians (I'm in Ontario) who might have some suggestions of any ME/CFS doctors or any doctors for that matter who know how to fill out a DTC form so that ME/CFS patients will get approved? (I did send an email to Dr. Hyde but he takes on very few new patients...
  7. M

Hi - I am in Ontario. That's a good thought. My concern is the cost to see him and the length of time to get in. This is a somewhat urgent matter. But I will try to give them a call. Thanks!
  8. M

I live in Ontario. My disability tax credit (DTC) is up for renewal, and if it doesn't get renewed then my RDSP (registered disability savings plan) will be closed. That could have a huge impact on my future income. My question is: do you know of any ME/CFS doctors or any doctors for that...
  9. M

Ampligen In Canada?

I'm Canadian as well. Buster, I too am looking to get access to this drug, but haven't heard about anyone in Canada using it here (although I'm not that tapped into the Ampligen scene) --I'd love to hear back from other Canadians on this!! RUkiddingME, how did you get access to Valcyte, is it...