• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. M

Lactoferrin

Thanks for your answers Ema and L Bluestem! I think I'll choose the safe way, and skip the lactoferrin... :(
  2. M

Lactoferrin

Anyone?:cry:
  3. M

Lactoferrin

Yasko said: I do have slightly elevated hematocrit/hemoglobin/RBC. (I don't know why it slowly ramps up over the years...) When I want to adress my ACAT mutation, Yasko suggests lactoferrin among others. But when I check lactoferrin on the internet, several studies say it raises hematocrit...
  4. M

Seeking thoughts and pointers on my 23andme results

Bluebell, you're 100% right! :) It's just that given the fact that I'm at this moment going through perimenopause, I just can't figure out where to start. Digging deeper into methylation issues? Focussing on hormones? Everything is related... I was a very happy person, I loved laughing, having...
  5. M

Seeking thoughts and pointers on my 23andme results

And that's exactly the point where I get stuck. It's too complicated for me, really. :( (although I do have a university degree...) I've asked it already a few times: who will help to make (a piece of) my 'puzzle'?? Any advice is welcome... Sorry for repeating myself...:oops:
  6. M

ACAT/BHMT supplement with COMT+/+

Tnx Angela! I was wondering myself if the methylation protocols as proposed by Richvank and Fredd were suitable for me. ACAT affects the gut: I've been working on restoring gut health for the last 6 months. So that part of the work has been done. I've cleaned up candida and a bacterial...
  7. M

Did I ask something very stupid??? :confused:
  8. M

I'm trying to figure out where I have to start with my methylation protocol. Caledonia answered me in another thread: There are a lot of things in that ACAT/BHMT supp from Yasko. Among others: Curcumin, CoQ10, ALA, methionine... which I think I'm NOT supposed to take because I'm COMT+/+...
  9. M

Unexpected test results... I would be grateful for some guidance

Hi Bluebell, I'm also a newbie in all this stuff. (And English is not my native language, even not my second language.) My doc says not to worry too much about a LDL slightly above the maximum range. More important is the ratio between LDL and HDL. Do you have any input about your HDL?
  10. M

Menopause and Methylation

Sianrecovery, do you really mean that doing a methylation protocol eased your hormonal dips? I'm still reading and searching where to start, but your words give me some hope...;) Are there any perimenopause related things/advice I should consider before/while doing a methylation protocol...
  11. M

Help! 5 red / 9 yellow. Where to start?

Thanks Valentijn, you're input is always very appreciated.;) Greenshots, thank you for replying. Somewhere I read you recovered pretty well, and that's something very important to me. ;) Just some hope, a glimp of a future... I'm glad I finally got my 23andme results, but at the same time I feel...
  12. M

Valentijn, you said yesterday in another thread: What does this say about my MAO TT +/+? So I don't have to adress my CBS AG +/- first? Perhaps the combination of AHCY-01 CT +/- and AHCY AG +/-, AHCY-19 CT +/- with CBS c699T AG +/- indicates that CBS upregulation might be an issue anyway...
  13. M

Thanks Caledonia! I know I have to go slowly, but ooooh, I wish I could go FAST!:confused: How do I know if ACAT is expressed? I don't have a high MMA or problems with cholesterol... About CBS: I've tried charcoal flushes and molybdenum. But: no difference. Does a ACAT/CBS +/- mean you...
  14. M

I finally got my results! But I'm not sure if I should be happy with them... :( I think they explain a lot of my complaints: anxiety, depression, racing thoughts which go on and off... +/+ COMT V158M COMT H62H VDR Bsm (VDR Taq -/-) MAO A R297R BHMT - 08 +/- ACAT1 -02 CBS C699T MTHFR...
  15. M

B's causing more anxiety?

FYI: I found this about GLA (borage oil): Not all omega-6 fatty acids behave the same. Linoleic acid and arachidonic acid (AA) tend to be unhealthy because they promote inflammation. GLA, on the other hand, may actually reduce inflammation. Much of the GLA taken as a supplement is converted to...
  16. M

Tnx Valentijn! My lab results showed also very low GLA. My doc told me to supplement with borage oil. I'll stop with it to see if that makes a difference. I thought the dosage of the B's was so low, that it couldn't do much harm... And because I suppose I do have problems with MAO and COMT...
  17. M

Two weeks ago I got my lab results back (urine/blood) which indicated high norepi, high metanephrine and low MHPG. Also very low omega 3 and b6. (I'm still waiting for my 23andme results, but it seems that I have some problems with MAO and perhaps COMT.) So I started supplementing with fish...
  18. M

Menopause and Methylation

I'm still waiting for my 23andme results. As soon as I get them (and understand them ;)), I will start a methylation protocol. Based on the results of a recent blood/urinetest I've posted on this forum, Valentijn suggested a MAO problem. Bloodtests showed low estrogen, low progesteron. I'm...
  19. M

What's wrong with me? Feel soooo awful...

Caledonia, thanks for your advice! I eliminated all coffee for 2 months. It made no difference...:( I tried several deodorants (organic) and even stopped using a deo. No difference... I will look for the alum version. Tnx! But since I've started taking fish oil caps and a low dosed...
  20. M

I've been 'studying' on the MAO defect Valentijn suggested... How can I boost my MAO activity? There isn't any 'treatment'... :( I've found a link in which someone explains a connection between low MAO activity and copper deficiency. There are many studies which show that monoamine oxidase...
  21. M

Thanks xks201! What I've found about transcortin on the internet is that it is indeed linked to estrogen (high levels of estrogen cause high transcortin levels, which happened for ex when I took a bcp to control my fibroids, a few years ago. Wrong, wrong... I learned afterwards, because high...
  22. M

Thanks! I've heard about KDMerleir. Will look for more information about him. But at this moment, by budget is limited and I can't afford his expensive tests... Some more information: * Cortisol was indeed taken in the morning. So my total cortisol is ok, free cortisol too low and transcortin...
  23. M

Ema, Valentijn, thank you so much for your answers. I'm too tired now to understand them completely. I'll read them carefully tomorrow and will give you some more information about my bloodwork etc. But it's nice to know that I'm not alone any more in this situation... There seems to be no one...
  24. M

Hello everyone, I've been reading on this wonderful forum for a few months already. Hoping to find something that will help me to feel well again...:( I'm 46, and going through perimenopause. Since 18 months, I'm suffering of terrible anxiety/depression. I also have 'adrenaline rushes' when I...