• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. RachelW

Low Dose Methylfolate Detrimental?

Hi @Freddd - I'm back to pick your brain. I mentioned the acute high blood pressure episode last time, correlating it with methylation, before assuming it was high chloride intake and stopping chloride supplements. However, I've had several more bouts of acute high blood pressure episodes...
  2. RachelW

@Freddd I wanted to clarify: the crazy high blood pressure was due to metabolic acidosis, caused by too high chloride intake (potassium, magnesium and sodium) as well as overhydration. This was resolved by stopping chloride supplements and taking some sodium bicarb in water. This wasn't an...
  3. RachelW

Hi @Freddd Here with an update. I've started taking 1000mcg folate about 4 times a day, with very little B12 - ~24mcg methylcobalamin. I'll add the B12 tomorrow perhaps, I've just been trying to gauge folate reaction and histamines. The 1000mcg folate has helped with histamine reactions...
  4. RachelW

I am not taking CoQ10 because I'd read your warning; I didn't know about the Bs! And I will keep that in mind tomorrow when compoundimg them. I think I have definitely been taking more than that. Thanks @Freddd ! Rachel
  5. RachelW

Hi @Freddd Thank you so much for responding. 1. No, I'm not on diuretics. 2. I've been taking all B's separately - Benfotiamine, B2, Niacinamide, P5P & Biotin. 3. Eating vegetables definitely makes me worse, but I'm in a tough spot because I can't eat meat currently with the histamine issue...
  6. RachelW

Good to know, thank you @Sushi (:
  7. RachelW

Hi all, I'm new to this forum, but not methylation. I'm very familiar with Fredd and Rich's work, and am actually posting in the hopes of hearing from Freddd, especially because his of our shared potassium issues. I tried to start methylation back in March of this year. I have CFS, histadelia...