• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. _June

Desperately need to put weight on - please help.

When I was at my worst all I could eat was half a sandwich per day (the size of half my hand). Then it went straight through me in 30 minutes, partly digested, or I got sick and vomited. I don't know how I survived months of that! Now I can eat two or three big meals per day, and if I'm more...
  2. _June

I already posted here a while ago, but I'm checking in again. How is it going now? I've already been through this so I thought I could help. I had to eat a full meal every 40 minutes because I was starving. Or I'd faint. Even so I still lost a lot of weight. I lost all my muscle and was just...
  3. _June

Our Stories of Stigma and Support from Providers and Others

What you wrote above is 43 words. If you have Microsoft Word you can click Word Count in the Tools menu. (Though I'm too lazy to open Word so I just googled "online word count" and copy-pasted your text :) )
  4. _June

raised liver enzymes?

Hello? I told you what caused it and what cured it for me? But I don't blame you, if someone told me about it back when I was sick, I wouldn't believe it either. Actually while I was sick my mom told me to eat lots of lard and beef and I yelled at her :( And what do you know... she was right...
  5. _June

raised liver enzymes?

I posted when you asked about the gallbladder. My gallbladder problems came with high liver enzymes (non-alcoholic fatty liver) It all corrected itself immediately when my mom came take care of me and I had to eat what she cooked for me since I had no energy to cook. She cooked me...
  6. _June

Hobbies

If you're capable of learning (I'm not, I lost the ability to learn), check Udacity, OpenCourseWare, KhanAcademy, and learn some new skills. Those places offer free video lessons. It's exciting to learn new things, and who knows, maybe you can put those skills to good use! Do some volunteer...
  7. _June

NON sunglasses for light sensitivity, do they exist?

Why not figure out what's causing the light sensitivity and how to fix it? I no longer have light sensitivity since I (accidentally) changed my diet. It might be worth looking into. My light sensitivity was so bad I wore sunglasses indoors and couldn't go outside without closing my eyes and...
  8. _June

B12 Documentary

I figured that light sensitivity comes from the dilated pupils; pupils open or close on demand based on the amount of light. If you're outside on a sunny day at noontime, your pupils are supposed to constrict into a tiny dot. If you're indoors on a rainy day with the curtains shut, your pupils...
  9. _June

B12 Documentary

Haha, I started laughing when I read that. I have that but didn't know how to explain it. I trip on my toes too (either they bump on the floor, or they bump into my leg, or they get caught inside the jeans and I "fly" on the floor like a penguin!) Wow, I can't believe that! So much water Yeah...
  10. _June

Intermittent fasting (5/2 diet) and anti-inflammatory effects: likely benefits for ME?

I never bought milk from Whole Foods (I don't even think we have these type of stores where I live) You say: Before cow milk started being sold in stores, it was available directly from the animal. And there are many types of milk besides cow milk sold in stores. There's llama, goat...
  11. _June

Pernicious Anemia, neurological/brain damage, B12 injections. I need information.

Freddd The enzymatic therapy b12 infusion is chewable; doesn't that mean it actually gets digested, instead of being absorbed by the skin in your mouth? If I have absorption problems, it won't work for me, right? I replied to you on the 'b12 documentary' thread, where you asked for my...
  12. _June

B12 Documentary

Freddd The thing is that when I changed my diet, a lot of my symptoms improved or went away. The only things that are left are (that I can remember right now): Cognitive impairment (can't do kindergarten math, make change, I can't retain the information in my mind to connect it to the next...
  13. _June

Intermittent fasting (5/2 diet) and anti-inflammatory effects: likely benefits for ME?

Many cultures There are children who would die if they didn't have milk from animals. Not all women were able to breastfeed or able to provide all the milk the baby needs. Though animal milk is not the first choice, if this was your baby you would be thankful to your cow/goat/etc for...
  14. _June

How do you know?

Can I piggyback this thread? For someone like me, what would this mean? Does this mean that within one hour of putting 5mg mecbl under my tongue, I would suddenly be able to make change (money), or calculate 32 minus 15? I usually can't do those things. I got this problem when I was about 19...
  15. _June

B12 Documentary

I liked the video thank you for posting it. And Xara, thanks for all those links. Does anyone have any information about dementia recovery with B12? Any success stories? I'm 25 years old and I've had symptoms of dementia for 7 years, and all the other B12 symptoms through the years (some...
  16. _June

How do you know?

Multivitamin doesn't have nowhere near enough b12, specially if you have b12 deficiency. Was the b12 active b12, or total b12? It seems the red blood cells aren't always enlarged because nowadays all our food is fortified with folic acid which makes the cells small. What was your blood level...
  17. _June

Biotin Deficiency and Egg whites

Lotus97 No, I just found it strange that people who eat many egg whites and have biotin deficiency would overlook egg yolks, which are a very rich source of biotin. It's just the strange wacky world we live in today! I was replying to: Just wanted to say that egg whites have something in them...
  18. _June

Bile?

Yeah, I only had one gallstone and it was only 1.7 cm. I think the problem is probably inflammation, not the stones. Because I only get the problem if I eat foods that cause inflammation. It probably makes the organ swell up, blocking the holes that let bile go through.
  19. _June

Bile?

I used to only be able to eat one small thing per day (like half of a small chicken sandwich), then after dinner, until morning next day, I would vomit bright yellow, orange, and toxic green stuff. Generally it would come from both ends. I spent the night by the toilet, curled up on the floor...
  20. _June

Protein Shakes - warning, experience

Yeah, I've been there too, except I had no help. It just worry about people drinking shakes, because the synthetic nutrients added to shakes are difficult to absorb by your body compared to natural nutrients. And too many synthetic nutrients can actually hurt you, for example, synthetic iron...
  21. _June

Pernicious Anemia, neurological/brain damage, B12 injections. I need information.

Oh, I should mention I plan on buying the Jarrow's 5mg active sub-linguals if I have some extra money this month, that's why I'd like to see any information about it when the patient already has brain damage.
  22. _June

I want to get tested for Pernicious Anemia. I've had pretty much all the symptoms for 7 years. Most concerning of all, to me, is brain damage (and tachycardia). I get about 950% of the Recommended Daily Intake of B12 naturally through my diet, as well as 250% of folate. Because the brain...
  23. _June

Protein Shakes - warning, experience

Proprietary non-GMO protein blend (rice protein, pea protein and soy [isolated soy protein and fermented soy]), fructose, maltodextrin, tri-calcium phosphate, natural vanilla flavor, potassium citrate, magnesium oxide, guar gum, psyllium, oat bran, microcrystalline cellulose, spirulina, vitamin...
  24. _June

End of the Line

Hello there fellow mainer :) I know this is an old thread but I wanted to post here instead of sending you a private message, in case this helps other people. You know what you should do? You should write a blog (website). What to write about? About anything you want. About your life, even...
  25. _June

Biotin Deficiency and Egg whites

Umm... guys? Biotin comes from egg yolks, not whites. In fact, eating egg whites makes biotin leave your body, increasing your need for biotin. Eating many egg whites can actually make you biotin deficient if you don't compensate for it. Liver is also rich in biotin.
  26. _June

You shouldn't do this if you're eating the "standard american diet"! (you know, the diet that's taken over the world now?) The standard american diet isn't nutritious, let alone if you're restricting calories. If you eat "low-fat heart-healthy whole-grain diet" this won't work. You won't be...
  27. _June

Replacement for Ensure?

That's a good start, but not enough. Cook 3 eggs using 4 or 5 tablespoons of butter. You don't need the half and half. Instead of half and half, add more eggs. Ask local farmers if they have lard or tallow for sale (don't buy it from the grocery store, it's from gross animals). Now use 4...
  28. _June

The Salt Poll

I cook with plenty of salt, but use real salt. I have high-blood pressure and fast heart rate, but I already had that long before I started using salt. My blood pressure and heart rate are a lot better now, for what it's worth (though I don't attribute it to salt) I cook with plenty of salt...
  29. _June

Good morning JC Like someone else mentioned, have you tried keeping a journal of what you eat, and what quantity? For example, today this is what I'm eating. I'm a sedentary woman. Breakfast: I made a salad with: one can of cod liver, 3 hard boiled eggs, chopped scallions Beef shoulder roast...