• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. Yocheved

Dieting

Diet really depends on how ill you are. Three years ago I was in the mild to moderate range, and was still a bit active. I was able to do the HCG protocol with 500 calories a day, and I felt AMAZING! I lost 60 pounds in one year, and as I started adding foods back into my diet I was able to...
  2. Yocheved

Do your children have ME/CFS?

This is something that has been on my mind a lot lately. My mom and sister both have Fibromyalgia (mom passed away this summer from Decrum's Disease.) I always knew I had fibro, but didn't think much of it, but I know that my family has some very messed up genes. When my daughter was 2, we...
  3. Yocheved

Does brain fog reduce the spiritual sense?

I'm Orthodox Jewish, and I find my connection to G-d growing more and more every day. I find it hard to focus on the text of the prayers, so I tend to pray more from the heart. I find myself thanking G-d for things in life that so many people take for granted, praying for the welfare of...
  4. Yocheved

Auditory Hallucinations

:hug: I totally get it! Yesterday morning, the house next door was getting all of the carpets shampoo'd by an industrial cleaning company. It could not have been more horrific if they'd been busting up concrete with a jackhammer, and it went on for HOURS! That house is right next to my...
  5. Yocheved

Zopiclone anyone successfully come off it?

Best of luck to you, I hope this helps clear up your issues. If it doesn't, than at least you know the Z wasn't to blame. Sometimes elimination is the only way we can know what's causing problems. I did an elimination diet and found out that walnuts were a huge migraine trigger for me...
  6. Yocheved

Hobbies

I used to be an interior designer and theater costume maker. When I fell ill I channeled all of my energy into creating my own line of jewelry, and did extremely well with it for several years. The past few years my hands have started shaking too much to do a lot of production work, so now I...
  7. Yocheved

Zopiclone anyone successfully come off it?

I've been taking 1.5mg every night for over 6 years now, with my doctor's blessing. There have been times when I've forgotten to take it, and slept just fine. The only difference is that I've noticed that my fibro type pains were worse in the morning. For me, it works like a muscle relaxant...
  8. Yocheved

Auditory Hallucinations

Dog toenails, ACK! I have a 13 year old pug, and sometimes she paces in the middle of the night. Drives me INSANE!
  9. Yocheved

Pimples & Acne

I've started getting them too, and I'm 47! Hard pimples that never seem to pop, and they get really hot. At first I thought they were spider bites. They will eventually go back down on their own, but then others come up to take their place. What's up with that?:thumbdown:
  10. Yocheved

Auditory Hallucinations

:hug: I have mid-range hearing loss, but my brain has compensated by making me extremely aware of high pitched and very low pitched sounds. I can hear a clock ticking from anywhere in the house, but I can't understand a word that men say to me unless I can lipread them. To me, all guys sound...
  11. Yocheved

Passover Panic! (vent)

You have your place in the World to Come, my friend. Seriously, sometimes "friends of the family" are much better than the relatives you're stuck with! :cautious: Nice to know you. :hug:
  12. Yocheved

Passover Panic! (vent)

Thank you for your sweet words! What beis din are you going through? Have you been dunked yet? (sorry if I'm being nosy, you can PM me if you'd rather not say publicly) ;)
  13. Yocheved

Auditory Hallucinations

Well, I didn't get one second of sleep last night. I had a very lively violin concerto playing in my head. I really hope this doesn't get to be a pattern. At least my brain knows I like classical music, but couldn't it play something more soothing? My kingdom for a nap!
  14. Yocheved

Passover Panic! (vent)

I just found out that we're going to be staying home, all DH's kids are going to a hotel for Pesach. We'll be going out for first night seder, and we usually do the second seder at home so we can do it quick and I can get straight to bed. We don't have anyone to go to for second seder because...
  15. Yocheved

You can't get blood from a turnip.

The one site I looked at said that Florinef was pulled from the US market, but that could have been old info. I took one look at the PDR and ran like crazy! I take Depakote, so I'm at risk for liver toxicity, and I take antidepressants so I can't risk getting suicidal. I get horrible vascular...
  16. Yocheved

Auditory Hallucinations

Thanks Sparrow, that makes tons of sense! To me, it feels like when someone takes your picture with a flash, you see that bright spot for a long time afterward - except this is with sound. Sushi, yes, I do wear metal framed glasses! :nerd: At this point, I'm just grateful that I don't hear...
  17. Yocheved

What Is Your Body Temperature? Rethinking 98.6

I'm almost always a degree and a half below normal - except in the late evening around 7pm, when I shoot up to 99 degrees for a few hours. You can almost set your watch by it. It's really weird because I sweat a lot when I'm cold, but hardly at all when I'm hot. My hands and feet are always...
  18. Yocheved

Auditory Hallucinations

I've had high pitched tinnitus for several years, probably due to all the rock concerts in my youth. Just this year, I have a new one which is lower pitched and sounds like a loud fan or a leaf blower. Both are annoying, but I can deal with it. Tonight, I've got a new one. I put my daughter...
  19. Yocheved

Passover Panic! (vent)

I'm Orthodox Jewish, and a bit of an overachiever when it comes to the holidays. I have a serious love/hate relationship with Passover. Each year it gets harder and harder to clean, cook, and prepare all the the things that need to be done properly. Last year I did it all, and as soon as I...
  20. Yocheved

Florinef: Not available in the US, which is just as well because I have at least half of the medical contraindications.:ill: Seems pretty toxic and scary, too. lumbrokinase: enzymes originally derived from the earthworm Lumbricus rubellus. :sluggish: Not Kosher! I'll have to ask my rabbi...
  21. Yocheved

Thanks everyone for your empathy and suggestions! Just last night I was reading up on hypercoagulation, and it makes a lot of sense. If I cut or poke myself, I'll bleed for maybe a second, just a drop, and then it stops. I'm not well enough to do exercise or lift weights. I can't even carry...
  22. Yocheved

Valcyte--how long do you take it?

Where on the west coast? I'm in Seattle, but I can do some moderate travel.
  23. Yocheved

I went to the lab to get my blood work done. The last two times had been complete failures, and I nearly fainted. I have EXTREMELY low blood pressure, and teeny tiny veins. This time, the guy had me hold my hand under hot water, and tried for the back of my hand. It hurt SO bad! OMG, I actually...
  24. Yocheved

Allergy - UV-C Wands, Dust Mites & Mould

I got a plug in version for my kitchen, and it reduced my sneezing about 90%, and my burning eyes are about 40% better. I live in humid Seattle, and the mold spores are everywhere!