• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. B

I need assistance with a Methylation plan

Why is it that you are able to go to a reduced dose after a few months? Is it that the methylation Cycle slows down, or what?
  2. B

Thanks.... that's really helpful. I think I am needing those kind of doses. I get some cramping in my feet, but the bigger problem is my heart "thumping", increased heart rate and ankle swelling. NEVER had this before..... and it seems to be relieved by Potassium. I think I had better get the...
  3. B

What are the best ways to test Lithium? Is a Hair Test any good at all?
  4. B

When you said your wife had "large demands for Potassium", could you say how much she had to take and what kind of Potassium product she used? I am realising what a BIG deal Potassium is for me.... my heart rate increased, my heart felt as if it was "thumping" in my chest, my legs and ankles...
  5. B

A question for Dbkita

I was reading some posts of your a few days ago, and you had put your profile and explained about the supplements you were taking now, and why. In particular how you addressed the BHMT, and I think you mentioned Choline. I didn't have the time then to go into it fully. Of course, now I have...
  6. B

B12 high serum level

My MCV is high ( Macrocytosis ) and I have low rbc, platelets and IgM. All of this is consistent with B12 deficiency, even though my serum B12 level is around 1200. That is only in the serum and does not show what actually gets into the cells. I have chronic Chlamydia Pneumonia infection ( CPn...
  7. B

Folic Acid: Bad Idea or VERY Bad Idea and how much is too much?

Does the MTHFS polymorphism show up on the 23andme testing?
  8. B

Folic Acid: Bad Idea or VERY Bad Idea and how much is too much?

Bit of a simplified explanation that I found....... but it helps me understand. There is now way I would take Folic Acid now..... What’s the difference between folate and folic acid? Folate is a general term for a group of water soluble b-vitamins, and is also known as B9. Folic acid refers...
  9. B

Methylation and Thyroid

I have heard it mentioned that as Methylation Cycle is improved, you might need to adjust Thyroid medications....ie. lower them. Has anyone had experience of this?
  10. B

Methionine

I had actually been wondering about doing the Plasma Amino Acids from Doctors Data as a follow up, rather than the UAA and had it on my Do-List to check it all out and cost it...... so thanks for the prompt !
  11. B

Methionine

So you think that the r5p increases iron absorption? What sort of doses do you use? I did , for a while, increase the steak and red wine, and my TS% came down a bit.... but that is not a good long term plan, for a number of reasons.
  12. B

Riboflavin 5 Phosphate

Could anyone recommend a brand of r5p to try, please?
  13. B

Methionine

No....definitely 20 ! I don't get it either..... when my Ferritin was low like that I was SO tired. I guess it is all because it is part of a bigger picture. I definitely wouldn't advise someone to aim for a Ferritin as low as 20.
  14. B

Methionine

The Iron Disorders Institute now says to keep the Ferritin between 50-150. As a general rule that is good........ but I know several people with HHC who say they feel at their best when the ferritin is around 20.
  15. B

Methionine

I think it competes in the intestines for absorption......... I have had BIG problems with this. But some people have no trouble at all and can take very large doses of Zinc with no trouble. Probably all comes down to genetics. I would say it is OK to take Zinc provided you are aware of the iron...
  16. B

Methionine

Great to 'talk' with someone who has an understanding of HHC as well as Methylation issues. I have C282Y +/+, which in theory is the worst. My Father had C677Y/H63D and was a blood donor a couple of times a year for around 40 years, so when he was diagnosed at 80 his levels were all fine. My...
  17. B

Methionine

Thank you for your helpful reply. My Homocysteine is 5. I am doing 800mcg of 5MTHF.... sometimes I have to reduce it to 400mcg because i get such a strong metallic taste in my mouth and feel so ill. I take 2mg of HB12 and 2mg MeB12, and have also done 2mg of AdB12 at times. The P5P I have only...
  18. B

Methionine

How does it slow down the Methylation Cycle? I would have thought it would be the opposite... that low levels would slow down. I am already doing 5MTHF and Hydroxy and Methyl B12 What is r5p?
  19. B

Methionine

Interesting......article linking Methionine supplementation to improved immune function http://www.biomox.com/resources/publication%20amino%20acid%20journal.pdf
  20. B

Methionine

On a Urinary Amino Acid test my Methionine was 4.9 ( 8-50 ) I have MTHFR C677T +/+ MTR +/- MTRR +/+ BHMT 2,4 8 all +/+ I have concentrated on using 5MTHF and HyB12, MeB12, but now thing that this alone will not do anything given that I have significant defects in botht he long and short...
  21. B

Doctor Yasko result help

drex13, can you explain further what you mean by " I cannot tolerate mB12 ", please ? What happens when you take it ?
  22. B

VERY strong metallic taste

So what is "adequate".... it must be different for everyone ? If you have the metallic taste, does it mean you are taking too much, and you need to back down. I know for sure I have a LOT of Lead on board.... so one way or another it needs to come out. But dumping it like this makes me feel AWFUl.
  23. B

Has gene data/treatment made a real difference for you?

What CBS genes do you have? Did you test for the Sulphur and Ammonia somehow to demonstrate the ? What kind of reaction did you get to the B12? Thanks
  24. B

VERY strong metallic taste

I get SUCH a strong metallic taste with the Methylation process..... I know I have very high Lead back from when I renovated an old house, so the Lead is obviously coming out now. Anyone used any form of chelation with this protocol. My ND is trying to help, but she really does not "get" the...
  25. B

Test strips for CBS mutation

So the SulphITE strips only measure halfway along the pathway....and so you the SulphATE as well?
  26. B

So, you use the SulphATE strips, do you? Or do you use the SulphITE strips as well? Are these two different pathways?
  27. B

Which ones to get to get the best indication of CBS upregulation..... is it SulphATE or SulphITE strips ? I can get both by Quantofix on Amazon.com. But don't really understand the difference.
  28. B

Is it okay to take B12 before HDRI methylation panel?

The actual form that comes with the test kit says you should be off all supplements for 2 days before the test. I had to reschedule my tests last week because the doctors office had forgotten to tell me this.
  29. B

Need for massive amount of B12 and MTR A2756G polymorphism

Could you clarify what you mean by "massive amounts of B12"......what type of B12 and how much ? Thanks.
  30. B

L-Carnitine Fumarate

Thank you all..... I have ordered the Doctor's Best.