• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

In Memory of Purple (Klara)

Sushi

Moderation Resource Albuquerque
2977.jpg
I am so sad to pass on this news. Purple was a much loved member for 7 years. She was in the 25% of severe patients yet always kept good humor and found ways to celebrate small things and even contribute to advocacy with projects she could do from bed. Here is how she described her Activity Level:
0 (very occasionally 1)

Many members will remember her from group chats though, as her illness progressed, she was not able to be as active on the site. I'll share the announcement from her Facebook page as it was shared with me:
Dear Klára´s facebook friends, this is Robert and Marketa bringing sad news.

Klára´s 15-year long fight with ME and recently with advanced cancer was too much and she passed away peacefully and painlessly on Monday afternoon. We believe she is looking at us from heaven over us all.

We will never forget Klára – her open and caring heart, her wit, her superstrong will, her organized creativity ...

Please, remember her fondly.

In tears , xoxo

P.S. Forgot to mention sense her subtle sense of humour. Klára wished to share this story with all of you - https://girlaboutthehouse.blogspot.com/2008/05/blog-post.html

We want to respect Klára´s and your privacy by not accessing her Messenger. For future communication please message either Robert or Markéta via their accounts. We will leave Klára´s facebook profile dormant from now on.

We will inform you about the date and time of the service here.

justy

Donate Advocate Demonstrate
I first met Purple on Phoenix Rising and later, even though we never met, we became friends and sent each other messages occasionally.

She worked hard at M.E advocacy from her bed, even raising money for investinME by selling her old stuff on ebay. I remember her laughing about the kind of things people were willing to buy- she had a great sense of humour. Her beloved husband cared for her and supported her in all she did and also worked hard on the fundraising project.

She was a keen traveller, having lived an adventurous life before illness struck and had many plans for future adventures. We both believed campervan travel is the way to go for PWME. Her adventurous spirit infected me and it was through her i learnt about google earth and the ability to ‘visit’ far away places, which i often did.

She was a fighter for justice and spoke up about political issues that she felt strongly about,

I am deeply saddened by her sudden departure from our lives and thinking so much of her husband and family at this awful time.

Rest in peace dear Klara x

Nielk

I'm so sad to hear about Klara's passing! My condolences to her family. a few years ago, Klara and I collaborated on a project to create images to raise awareness for ME. It was such a pleasure to work with such a dedicated advocate. I appreciated Klara's many talents and her great sense of humor. She was keen to help others who were severely affected by ME - even though she was herself very sick. She always expressed her gratefulness for the care she was given by her loving family.

I had lost the close touch I had with her since the ME awareness image making was not active anymore and saw less and less of her posting on social media. I did not know that she was struggling with cancer as well.

What a great loss to the community and her family. May she rest in peace.

svetoslav80

She was one of the first people to chat with when I joined this website. Then I stopped chatting but was following her on facebook and very much enjoyed her anti-brexit talk. One day she was talking politics, and the next day all of a sudden she said she had cancer and had only few more days to live. Such a shock. RIP Klara.

Last edited:

L'engle

moogle
Dear Klara was one of those very strong and kind people that the world needs more of. While we hadn't chatted much in the last few years, I too remember my conversations with her fondly.

She would speak of her love for Cape Town and how she used to hike up Table Mountain when she was healthy. So I will remember her that way, out in the fresh air and moving upwards on strong legs.

Though most of us never met her in person, she is missed as a dear friend.

Dainty

I am so, so shocked to hear this news.

I knew Klara only a Purple, and primarily from chat. She was in our small band of regular chatters, talking nearly every day. She always felt so strong through the screen, even though we knew she was struggling.

RIP, dear one. You are part of what made the magic happen, and even though we haven't chatted in many years, you are missed.

Last edited:

justy

Donate Advocate Demonstrate
Klara's funeral will be held on Monday In London:

Monday 1st October 2018 at 10.45am
Honor Oak Crematorium
Camberwell new Cemetery
Brenchley Gardens
London SE23 3RD

Klara’s wishes for the funeral is she didn’t want a sombre affair in black suits. She want’s people looking positive, flowery skirt, pink top, little kitten heels.

Klara wished that any donations in her memory can be made to:

Stop Rhino Poaching
https://www.givengain.com/…/supportingrangerssupportingrhi…/#

Or for those in the UK

UK Save the Rhino
https://www.savetherhino.org/get-involved/donate/

Or
Invest in ME Research

https://donate.justgiving.com/donation-amount…

perrier

I never knew Klara (Purple), and I have to believe that she is free from suffering now. May the earth be a bed of down for you dear Klara.

I cannot bear it anymore that so many people are passing away due to this horrific illness.